iPhone 4 / 4s Light Mod

I'm sure some of you have seen this and if not its a mod for the iPhone for the phone back apple logo to light up like on a mac :smile:

06c23df2.jpg

Been waiting for ages for ipatch in Leeds to release the mod but still no joy but I finally got the kit to do it myself :smile: just got to wait for it to arrive so I shall keep everyone updated who's interested how well it works and looks!

It's easy back off, undo 5 screws at top remove flash cover connect light 3m mag sticker refit flash cover new back on and job done :smile:

I bought mine from the guys over at kogadget I begged for one after they stopped selling to the public but as it was only 2 days they agree'd to sort me one. Got email today to say its been dispatched :smile:

My friend received his 2 days ago and he has fitted his which took him 20 minutes and he took his time,
Obv risk of messing the iPhone up but if you follow instructions it'll work and it isn't hard :smile:

2 screws on the bottom either side of the bit where you plug the charger in, take them out, then the back just slides down and off, simples once you know how! Ive done mine a few times, i have a 24k gold back on mine! :wink: haha

As nick said just 2 screw nice and simple :wink:
I've got a mirror back atm already had a gold, transformers, Steve jobs, see through cover previously lol

Awesome! :smile: where did you find those backs? Allthough i am thinking of getting this light mod one :smile: lol does look the nuts!

Awesome! :smile: where did you find those backs? Allthough i am thinking of getting this light mod one :smile: lol does look the nuts!

Most off eBay just have a search for iPhone 4 back glass or housing and have a good look through :smile: I loved my transformers one the most :wink:

Does look ace, does anyone know if this is would void a warrenty on a new 4s?

Yeah it will void warranty but can be reversed :wink:

The logic board in all devices is designed to utilise power from the battery at a constant even so hooking up one LED is very very unlikely to short the phone out, I agree with the phone using slight more power from the battery but at the same time AIC connector is used to test the iPhone so hooking a led to it is not honing to effect the phone! But like said there's always a risk when fitting anything after market

I have this fitted, takes around an extra 10% per day off of my battery life, no big deal for me but if you're a heavy user that struggles with the battery life I wouldn't bother. It comes on a lot (not just when you're using the phone), stays on permanently when charging and sometimes if you have an unchecked message or missed a call. Looks pretty good though, I'm going to colour mine to make a red apple with a green leaf using some thin coloured films.

Similar Thread Suggestions