Interesting thought for you detailers.............

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
****Recently discussed on another forum, but not merely copied and pasted:

Cleaning day: Perhaps you start off with a snow-foam; you might then even use a TFR or an APC via a pump to further remove the worst of the debris. You then wash using a 2-bucket method, via a top-end mitt and some expensive and well-researched shampoo. Thats PH neutral of course.

Then out comes a spray-bottle of drying aid and a special micro-fibre drying towel. Perhaps your now ready to apply that boutique wax - or QD spray if its an intermediate wash.

So; your all looking pretty and out you go for a drive, and for whatever reason you get some muck on your windscreen. No worries - a liberal squirt of your screen-wash, a couple of passes of the wipers and its all gone.

But: Is your screen-wash kind to your wax / paint......or have you actually just started stripping your mornings work in seconds............?

Worth a thought. I hadn't up until now !

I refuse to use my screen wash and wipers once I've cleaned/detailed my car. Usually a good dose of rain repellent is sufficient enough to avoid the wipers or screen wash being used.

Reactions: kevlar
I refuse to use my screen wash and wipers once I've cleaned/detailed my car. Usually a good dose of rain repellent is sufficient enough to avoid the wipers or screen wash being used.

Hahahahaha. Im saying nothing ! "We" cant be alone in doing this though........

A very good point to consider. However, I'm a long time convert to Gtechniq's G1 and so rarely ever even touch the wiper stalk. However, there is the odd occasion where a winged rodent decides to empty it's fits right in your field of vision and then it's pretty much unavoidable. Although, if the b*****d lands then I'm having it!! :wink: Joking of course....

Probably.