Insurance!

Afternoon

My insurance is due in a couple of weeks.. now I've modified mine I'll have to shop around for the best price and use the old fashioned way on the phone I think instead of online [emoji85] I've not had a modified policy for quite a while now so was wondering who you guys are with?

I'm looking for someone that either can include track day cover for a few times a year or that can add on cover per track day for a reasonable price, much less than the high prices of one off cover anyway!

I've searched a bit and on here and can see Sky Insurance, Greenlight, Adrian Flux and Need to Insure mentioned.. not sure what any of them do for track days though so any help appreciated!

Cheers
Mark

Greenlight where miles cheaper than anyone for my Clio 200. All modifications declared and no cost to any any extras (unless there is a high uplift in BHP).

I was insured with Adrian Flux on my Megane 265 so both would be worth a call.

Reactions: Walker2686
Greenlight where miles cheaper than anyone for my Clio 200. All modifications declared and no cost to any any extras (unless there is a high uplift in BHP).

I was insured with Adrian Flux on my Megane 265 so both would be worth a call.
I'll try them next then cheers, I'm sure I've used them in the past for something I had [emoji848]

I've just phoned Adrian Flux and they've quoted £455.. which to be honest does seem high for a lightly modified car. That's with all mods declared and no extra cost to add any extras unless it increases the bhp as above. £300 excess on that.

I'm 35, had my licence since 18.. full no claims (like 13 years actual).. kids, married etc, train driver, Leeds suburb post code, no claims or convictions, no points either! Based on average 12k miles SDP & commuting, car garaged.. what you reckon? Does it seem about right or high?

On general comparison sites with the same details but no mods it's looking around £300

Oh and I asked about track cover with them and they said that they do it per day extra at a discounted rate.. just asked them to run my details for a track day at 3 sisters on 15th October and they said £120!! The track day itself is £89 so that might be a no to them..

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dumdum
I got a quote for my megged clio, all mods declared this morning from Neil at Greenlight.

Very helpfull.

Came out at £339, mirroring my daily no claims. Only 5k a year though.

Definitely worth a call.

I'm with Brentacre, I have been for years, they just seem to have great prices and also very good service (there is no charge for any non-power mod, regardless how many times you add / remove them during the policy also).

Reactions: Walker2686
I'll try them next then cheers, I'm sure I've used them in the past for something I had [emoji848]

I've just phoned Adrian Flux and they've quoted £455.. which to be honest does seem high for a lightly modified car. That's with all mods declared and no extra cost to add any extras unless it increases the bhp as above. £300 excess on that.

I'm 35, had my licence since 18.. full no claims (like 13 years actual).. kids, married etc, train driver, Leeds suburb post code, no claims or convictions, no points either! Based on average 12k miles SDP & commuting, car garaged.. what you reckon? Does it seem about right or high?

On general comparison sites with the same details but no mods it's looking around £300

Oh and I asked about track cover with them and they said that they do it per day extra at a discounted rate.. just asked them to run my details for a track day at 3 sisters on 15th October and they said £120!! The track day itself is £89 so that might be a no to them..

I'm with Greenlight on the R27 and have been very happy with them. Big benefit is that they include declared mods for no additional cost, as above. I don't know about track cover though as it's not something I ever enquired about.

It's hard to judge whether that price is good or not, because everyone has different circumstances of course. However, it doesn't seem too bad. Postcode does play a very big part. What bit of Leeds are you in? I'm in LS13 and the insurers don't seem to like it too much, even if I am in the 'nice' part of 13 :smile:

I'm with Greenlight on the R27 and have been very happy with them. Big benefit is that they include declared mods for no additional cost, as above. I don't know about track cover though as it's not something I ever enquired about.

It's hard to judge whether that price is good or not, because everyone has different circumstances of course. However, it doesn't seem too bad. Postcode does play a very big part. What bit of Leeds are you in? I'm in LS13 and the insurers don't seem to like it too much, even if I am in the 'nice' part of 13 :smile:

There is no nice part of LS13 :wink:

Reactions: Jimmy
I'm with Brentacre, I have been for years, they just seem to have great prices and also very good service (there is no charge for any non-power mod, regardless how many times you add / remove them during the policy also).
Cheers, will take a look at them! Do they cover for track days do you know?

I'm LS25.. so generally nice areas as far as Leeds goes! Not LS17 though! I'm out in Ledston Luck village.

I've had a callback from Sky Insurance today and they've beaten Flux at £410 with a lower excess at £250 as well.. again no option for track days though, they just do them totally separately

Reactions: Beany
I'm LS25.. so generally nice areas as far as Leeds goes! Not LS17 though! I'm out in Ledston Luck village.

I've had a callback from Sky Insurance today and they've beaten Flux at £410 with a lower excess at £250 as well.. again no option for track days though, they just do them totally separately

Ah, very nice up that way! That's my future post code come next year I think! I used to live in LS18, then moved to LS17 and my insurance actually went up! My housemate said all the thieves go to the posh areas :smile:

Ah, very nice up that way! That's my future post code come next year I think! I used to live in LS18, then moved to LS17 and my insurance actually went up! My housemate said all the thieves go to the posh areas :smile:
Yeah it is nice around here and I'd recommend it. Easy access to everywhere around Leeds as well. I'm from LS17, Alwoodley, but we lived in Barnsley ([emoji85]) for a number of years whilst I was in the Police down there before we moved back up to Leeds nearly 4 years ago. We lived in Garforth for 3 years before moving here which is a nice place to live. It seems ok insurance wise as well!

Reactions: Jimmy
Yeah it is nice around here and I'd recommend it. Easy access to everywhere around Leeds as well. I'm from LS17, Alwoodley, but we lived in Barnsley ([emoji85]) for a number of years whilst I was in the Police down there before we moved back up to Leeds nearly 4 years ago. We lived in Garforth for 3 years before moving here which is a nice place to live. It seems ok insurance wise as well!

Kippax and stuff seems ok just rush hour traffic round there is a killer

They do cover track days.
But not castle combe at the moment!
Had more accidents at quarry corner than every other circuit in the uk!

They do cover track days.
But not castle combe at the moment!
Had more accidents at quarry corner than every other circuit in the uk!
Is that Brentacre you mean? Yeah I won't be doing Castle Combe anyway, miles too far away from me!

+1 for Greenlight. Smashed my AF renewal price and Brentacre too.
They're not coming in cheaper for me, it's £450.. but they will do track days at £65 per day extra for any circuit apart from the above, which is a lot cheaper than I can get standalone cover for so far..

Similar Thread Suggestions