Insurance

Hi guys

I pick up my Clio 200 next week, when preparing for the car I was doing insurance quotes and they were coming out at around 730 from admiral, which I thought was brilliant as I am only 20, now when I am needing to insure the car admiral now want over 1000 pounds and I am finding it hard to find any other insurance companies which will give me a reasonable insurance quote. Has anybody got any suggestions where to look for the best insurance?

admiral can be like this, try putting the start date as far in the future as possible. Ring them up with the original quote number and be stern.

1st Central are good. Diamond wanted 1300 of me for my 197 and got it for 766 from 1st Central.

If youre able to, try go for a Multi car policy with Admiral... I am also 20 and only paying £600 for mine.

Worth a shot if you have people that can jump on a policy

I went with 1st Central.

It annoyed me though because their online quote I got 5 minutes prior to phoning them (via GoCompare) apparently isn't a LIVE system. So it wasn't £630 it was £740..... seems like total BS to me but £740 was still cheaper than elsewhere so I just went with it. Also beware that their level of cover seems quite low compared to other insurers. I don't think I'll be going with them again unless they're a good deal cheaper than others.

I also found setting the insurance start date to Monday, rather than Saturday, made it about £100 cheaper - again ridiculous, but that's how it was!

icon1.png

Did you save the original quote? Had a similar instance and they matched it.​

No I did it a couple of weeks back now.

I had a look at 1st central they were quoting me 2,200. Think I'm going to just keep trying everywhere, the only problem is I can't go with any admiral owned companies cause my dad who I am including on the policy did a speed awareness course and that's putting the insurance up by 100-200 pound.

cheers for all your help guys so far!

If you're finding quotes on comparison sites, as previously mentioned put that date that you want the policy to start as late as possible. Then when you go to purchase the policy from the companies website, you can usually change the date to one which is sooner without having to pay more. I did this last November during my renewal (which was with Diamond who are part of the admiral group). It's a neat little trick.

You need to take out insurance in advance or the price goes sky high.

Got mine down to 630 by taking it out a month early, but not activating until I needed it to.

I was paying £1300 at 20 for my 200.

Taking out insurance with Bell with their blackbox policy is fine too. They don't give a **** about your driving to be honest, I went on a mountain run numerous times with it and hit 130+ numerous times again, not a single phone call. What they don't tell you is that it's a chance at a reduced policy, if you don't drive nicely, you don't get a reduced policy, if you drive nice and hit silver like I did (don't know how, just did! LOL) then you get £50-100 off your quote.

Don't envy you guys at all - I just paid £245 with esure for my Raider! And it's only another £56 to declare the Akropovic and Eibach springs when I get round to buying them...

joys of of being old I guess!!!

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.

Was going to say have you tried Adrian Flux, I was with them through my 20's and they always seemed to give me the best prices.... No harm in trying.

Just glad im at that age now where the insurance on one of these cars only cost just over £200 with Esure

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions