Insurance.... WTF

Fernandez

Gold Member
Just insuring our new puppy.. Totally shocked as its £350 a year!!! I could insure a standard Clio for loads less than that.

Wouldn't mind but he's never had any convictions or accidents (except the pile and puddle on the kitchen floor every morning), unfortunately Rocket has'nt got any no claims as he is only 9 Weeks.

The quote is from Petplan and joking aside it covers everything. Anyone got recommendations on who else to try?

Last edited:
wow that is a lot, is he pedigree? I have a cross breed so insurance is cheap for me, £12 per month to be precise with.........hmmmmmm, let me check haha

EDIT - Sainsburys and make sure you go through quidco, you get £80 cashback :smile:

No mate, he's a Bossi-Poo which is a cross between a Boston Terrier and a Toy Poodle. He's tiny.

I'll check Quidco tho, nice one.

i have never got this out for our two. just keep on top of their yearly jabs and job done for ours

This thread has popped up at just the right time! We just got a puppy yesterday :smiley: a Husky/German Shepherd cross, still to check for insurance quotes though.

You can get pet quotes from the likes of confused.com etc.

I pay more for my black lab than the car, about £33/month but he's nearly 13 so it goes up.

I was thinking about stopping it altogether, since I've not had any big bills for a few years, then a friend had their retriever in for a stomach bug/virus, not insured, total around £1700 - ouch.

good luck.

Is the dog modified in any way? You may need to return him to standard to get a better quote?

Ours is in for an MRI scan today.... 15 year old and its a £1000 bill, petplan pays 80% due to age I think so kinda lucky but in all honesty I don't think they will bring her round from anesthetic :worried:

Had moneys worth out of petplan over 15 years, almost sure they've paid out more than we have paid them!

Is the dog modified in any way? You may need to return him to standard to get a better quote?

:rofl:

Very good point, like the 200 he is Naturally Aspirated and has a full cage and a 1 point harness, he has been detailed very recently and is due in for a diagnostic test and service tonight.

Very good point, like the 200 he is Naturally Aspirated and has a full cage and a 1 point harness, he has been detailed very recently and is due in for a diagnostic test and service tonight.

Was gonna get him chipped too..

Last edited:
Argos.

Came up cheapest and the best cover for me. Our boston mix was not bad to insure.

boston x french bulldog. Frenchies are renowned for having problems and our insurance quote with Argos for platinum cover.

20120407201626.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Sainsburys are very good imo

No idea how much we pay but our cats are worth £600 each and had a couple of claims and never had an ounce of trouble in them paying out.

Was gonna get him chipped too..

Just curious, were is the diagnostic port on one of those? :smiley:

Dumbo by the looks of it? :biggrin:

:thumbup1:

Similar Thread Suggestions