Car insurance WTF

Hi all,

Currently live in Windsor postcode sl4.. My annual premium with Adrian flux or flux direct whichever one was £1200. I am moving soon so phoned them to get the price increase if there was one. Im moving to datchet about a mile away postcode sl3.. The lady on the phone disappeared for ages came back and said we cant cover your new address and that i would have to start a new 12 month policy and lose 75% of the 1200 because im 5 months in. Is there anything i can do? Anyone else been in this situation. I was happy to pay an extra £100 but losing £900 plus the fact a new policy is £4-500 more expensive just ridiculous. They are an insurance broker so is it worth calling the insurer direct? Any advice would be welcomed as i am set to lose a lot of money for moving a mile

You could fight for [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Trebuchet, sans-serif]full pro-rata refund + an admin charge, if the sole reason is they wont cover your new address. Ring back and talk to someone else. On the basis of cancelation out of choice, you should get at least half your premium back, depending how many months cover you have had.[/FONT]

I completely understand insurance companies hiking up when you move post codes. I will be the first to admit as well that my sl4 address was a safer post code but i don't live in a slum i still live within a mile of the castle. I would hope they would refund me atleast £600

your's insurance is pretty high anyway... I'm 27 and paying about half of that... and 0 NCB. Ask them why they don't cover yours new post code... I'm curious what they gonna say...

Last edited:
My other half is a Cert CII insurance broker, she said that's rubbish and you should get a pro-rata refund, unless you've had a claim in the 5 months you've been insured.
If that postcode has had a fraudulent claim put against it, or a monumental amount of thefts, then everyone in that postcode suffers and will find it difficult to get insurance.
Also, the companies she represents don't charge a cancellation charge if they can't insure it as it's their rule, and you shouldn't get bum slapped for it.

You'll see her on Saturday, ask her then if you haven't sorted it.

I tried getting cover with Adrian flux and it was a nightmare. They don't cover Clio RS200's apparently, in the end after trying to talk to them, I just told them to poke it. Twits.

your's insurance is pretty high anyway... I'm 27 and paying about half of that... and 0 NCB. Ask them why they don't cover yours new post code... I'm curious what they gonna say...

Yeah was thinking the same. I'm 22 and pay like £750 on the meg which includes the remap

Just noticed your location, might see you about some time, am always over that way. Actually heading over there tomorrow afternoon

....I tried getting cover with Adrian flux and it was a nightmare. They don't cover Clio RS200's apparently

They offered me cover for my megged Clio 200 £50 cheaper than the Greenlight quote, called Greenlight straight back and they beat it.

They offered me cover for my megged Clio 200 £50 cheaper than the Greenlight quote, called Greenlight straight back and they beat it.

I know they insure clios. I have friends with clios insured with them. The member if staff didn't think so.
Flux would insure a lawn mower powered sofa if they could make some cash on it.

God help ya if you ever claim though.

I'm with Admiral and tbh can't fault them, yet

Lets just say through a few events i have not got the best record. 8 points (5 for speeding to hospital and if i had to do it again and lose my license i would) 2 non fault accidents one £15-20k+ and then one fault accident which was my fault...

And that's a stroke of luck i will definitely be asking a few questions on Saturday. I haven't claimed on this policy not even windscreen etc...

I know they insure clios. I have friends with clios insured with them. The member if staff didn't think so.
Flux would insure a lawn mower powered sofa if they could make some cash on it.

God help ya if you ever claim though.

yeah that been there been screwed, im with hastings atm paying 450 fully comp 5 yrs ncb, half the price of the nearest Af quote, though i changed cars 10/12 months through a policy when i tried to renew the policy with clio the ££ shot through the roof and the freaking hoops you have to jump through to get them to agree to their own policy of beating a renewal... smh

Similar Thread Suggestions