Insurance renewal WTF

My insurance is due for renewal in Feb, so I have just done a quote with direct line (who I'm currently with) and its come to £780

Now, my current policy cost me £660 and I fail to see why there is an increase??! Surely it should go down if anything, I have 5 years no claims now too!

Are they entitled to up the price or should they stick at my current one or lower??

they can do what they like with the price tbh.
shop around every year because usually new customers get better deals.

That's ridiculous, I've just done about 10 quotes and nowhere can get near what I paid this year.

That was until I tried Tesco, £660 which is spot on the same, so I'll be happy with that if necessary, but still gonna argue with Direct Line tomorrow!

I was with direct line and having the same problem as you for renewal. I am going to go with Admiral as they have saved me about £400, money supermarket was really good for me if you have not tried it!

I'm with admiral they are very cheap costs me 1245 4 me and my mrs on the the st and the 197

Same happened to me with Direct Line, was paying £800 and then it went up to 1k so switched to Bell and got it for £555 so it definitely pays to shop around.

That's ridiculous, I've just done about 10 quotes and nowhere can get near what I paid this year.

That was until I tried Tesco, £660 which is spot on the same, so I'll be happy with that if necessary, but still gonna argue with Direct Line tomorrow!

Tesco insurance is effectively Direct Line!!

Same happened to me with Direct Line, was paying £800 and then it went up to 1k so switched to Bell and got it for £555 so it definitely pays to shop around.

Same here, but when I changed over to the Clio and put the gf on the insurance, direct line couldn't even give me a quote! Shopped around and found Bell insurance which is part of Admiral, through go compare, who quoted me £420!

Just got a quote from Admiral from £818 instead of the £1152 that Direct Line were wanting for renewal. Really pleased with that and the service etc from them so I would def recommend them.

Give Flux direct ago. I have 6 years no claims/3 points sp30 and am paying £335! They were about £200 cheaper than anyone else. I paid £410 last years with privilege (very good service).

Last edited:
I found flux through gocompare.com I found it the cheapest comparision site.. Don't think you can get an online quote via the flux website.

Last edited:
My insurance is due for renewal in Feb, so I have just done a quote with direct line (who I'm currently with) and its come to £780

Now, my current policy cost me £660 and I fail to see why there is an increase??! Surely it should go down if anything, I have 5 years no claims now too!

Are they entitled to up the price or should they stick at my current one or lower??

did you ring up and ask or was that on line or was it that renewel?

i was paying through the roof with admiral, went on confused.com, admiral bet my renewel price and i was with them, went with halifax in the end save about £600 in the end.

Similar Thread Suggestions