insurance - declaring mods

Hi guys, over the moon. Called insurance company to add recently fitted ktec exhaust and tints to policy to be told that they aren't interested in what exhaust is on car and will also tints to policy but there is no charge not even an admin charge. Over the moon! Thought I was gonna get stung tbh.

Anyone else had similar good news when declaring similar mods?

Last edited:
Who you with?

I also had a result when I phoned Greenlight to tell them about the Meg engine with all its goodies and only had a £25 admin charge.

Just remember that this is a public forum and anybody can see what you've just put.

Also you'll require a flameproof suit for saying that :wink:.

I've declared my mods, due to being 26 now it doesn't cost monumental amounts more, just a few quid. Silly not to at the price really.

I'm with admiral and they werent bothered what exhaust you have as long as its a cat back but I would maybe phone them to just be sure? Changing manifold and de cat is a different story.
Not told Admiral about my exhaust :smile:

Last edited:
I'm with admiral and they werent bothered what exhaust you have as long as its a cat back but I would maybe phone them to just be sure? Changing manifold and de cat is a different story.

I'll probably give them a quick call and see what they say

Love it! I'd love a meg engined clio but I don't know anyone who would do a good job of it over here and can't justify leaving car with either rs tuning or ktec for two odd weeks. If I wasn't boost I'll have to get a boosted car as standard I think. Though will be getting a dc5 or fd2 at some stage.
Previously I had Nitrous which cost me £50 to cover up to 260bhp.. The Meg Conversion is covered upto 300bhp

So basically you are uninsured...not a wise decision there buddy...if you have an accident they won't cover you for a thing.

Not true. Just if you have an accident (that somehow damages the exhaust) it won't be replaced like for like, you'll get a stock replacement.

Spoke to Admiral the other day about this, they said that if you have an accident then the car is insured but the modified parts aren't. Although when I mentioned to them the fact that surely people would ignore they said that its best that they re advised of any mods

Previously I had Nitrous which cost me £50 to cover up to 260bhp.. The Meg Conversion is covered upto 300bhp

If you had a car running 400bhp which was insured up to 300bhp and you stacked it into a wall head on at 100mph how would they ever know how much power it had? Likewise if it was stolen? What if it was a true 299bhp but the insurers made you do a RR at Jamsport and it said 360bhp (:wink:)?

Questions questions questions! :smiley:

i was just going to say that ^^^^^

how on earth would your insurers know what power your car was running at before a crash that's left it not running???