Insurance case been reopened

Thanks for all your input guys, going to speak to the insurance tomorrow and see what the f**k is going on. My gf insurance closed the claim, gave her 1 years no claims discount, her insurance went from £1700 to £1200 but went with another provider which was £780, they requested proof of her 1 years ncd, which we sent and all was accepted. What happens now with her new insurance and her ncd? I've googled this but no joy on this situation

Let us know how you got on with the insurers.

I would imagine that if someone is making a claim of that value then it would have be investigated - £1700 suggests a lot of damage, they would need proof from photos or an inspection of the car, surely. I think they need to be very clear with you as to exactly what the TP is claiming for.

As for NCD, from what I remember when I was in insurance (a long time ago now), if it did go against her, then I don't think she'd lose this year's discount, but it may affect next year's premium. I can't remember exactly though.

Even if the police is not interested you can request a crime reference number saying you have logged the incident, its this ref number which is required.

under the ref number it will state the incident has been reported and what has been reported and that police are not to be involved but you must request this and insist on a crime reference number .

I work in property and report thefts all the time, police never come and never investigate but we require the reference number for every insurance claim.

Even if the police is not interested you can request a crime reference number saying you have logged the incident, its this ref number which is required.

under the ref number it will state the incident has been reported and what has been reported and that police are not to be involved but you must request this and insist on a crime reference number .

I work in property and report thefts all the time, police never come and never investigate but we require the reference number for every insurance claim.

Slightly misleading post , you will not get a crime ref number for a low level RTC with no Police involvement. A theft is a different matter as it will always be a Police matter (its a crime) and therefore have a crime ref number.

update. (apologies for bad language in advanced) spoken to the insurance company and they was as useless as a chocolate fire guard, they didn't have a clue what was going on and they were going to investigate and ring us back (this was Monday 20th) they never called back shocking lol.

Today just received a letter from our insurance, this was sent on the 15th June 2016.

further to our letter dated 7 june 2016, we have received our engineers opinion and he has confirmed that the damage to the other party's vehicle is consistent with the accident circumstances.

Based on the opinion provided we have made a decision to settle the claim presented in its entirety.

Should you have any queries or require any additional info blah blah blah contact us.

I am fuming and shocked that they have gone ahead a paid him out, I'm mean wtf seriously. I've seen his car with my own eyes and there was no damage and my girlfriend wasn't even moving, she's not admitted any liable throughout. So what happens now? Is the case closed again? do they take her 1 years no claims off her? Im sick of ringing this insurance company up and getting passed around. My brother seems to think he got one of those No Win, No Fee, were you involved in an accident in the last 3 years b**locks companies involved who ring you up and drive you mad every week. (you guys know what I'm talking about lol) And from what I've heard these f**kers do not give up.

Amazing though that her insurance for that car was £1700 and they just paid out £1700 to that Pr**k

update. (apologies for bad language in advanced) spoken to the insurance company and they was as useless as a chocolate fire guard, they didn't have a clue what was going on and they were going to investigate and ring us back (this was Monday 20th) they never called back shocking lol.

Today just received a letter from our insurance, this was sent on the 15th June 2016.

further to our letter dated 7 june 2016, we have received our engineers opinion and he has confirmed that the damage to the other party's vehicle is consistent with the accident circumstances.

Based on the opinion provided we have made a decision to settle the claim presented in its entirety.

Should you have any queries or require any additional info blah blah blah contact us.

I am fuming and shocked that they have gone ahead a paid him out, I'm mean wtf seriously. I've seen his car with my own eyes and there was no damage and my girlfriend wasn't even moving, she's not admitted any liable throughout. So what happens now? Is the case closed again? do they take her 1 years no claims off her? Im sick of ringing this insurance company up and getting passed around. My brother seems to think he got one of those No Win, No Fee, were you involved in an accident in the last 3 years b**locks companies involved who ring you up and drive you mad every week. (you guys know what I'm talking about lol) And from what I've heard these f**kers do not give up.

Amazing though that her insurance for that car was £1700 and they just paid out £1700 to that Pr**k

I'd probably consider getting one of those companies myself. No win no fee after all.

if this was me i would contacting them and making a formal complaint about what has gone on...then i would go to the ombudsman over it after they have "investigated" it

I'm surprised that a big name company like Churchill have handled it so poorly.... you can half expect it with one of the cheaper, less well known insurers, but not one of the big hitters.

As Foxy says, I'd be very tempted to take things further, go on the offensive as it were. Definitely don't just lie down and take it.

if this was me i would contacting them and making a formal complaint about what has gone on...then i would go to the ombudsman over it after they have "investigated" it

THIS 100% [MENTION=53043]2004rickyh[/MENTION] can't believe the outcome of this!!!! I would be straight to a lawyer about this to see where you stand. Absolute shocking! I know who I will never go with for cat insurance.

WOW look at all that £1700 worth of damage!!!! :zomg:

G]image_zpsxa9b6d3a.jpg[/I

image_zpsrhmuzeq7.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
MG]

That's a mess! NOT!! new wheels by any chance! ! Shocking!

nah the out of date chrome rims were already on there a year ago lol, my gf lower front corner bumper had a little scuff on it, but apparently KA bumpers are made out super strong steel now a days and they can rip Mercedes flimsy tissue paper bodywork apart.

Maybe I should ask for photos and evidence from my insurance investigators when they inspected his car. Wonder if they give them to me?

Oh I forgot to mention, when he hit my gf, he carried on driving, it was only that my gf kept beeping her horn and waved him down he finally stopped, and his first words were 'I didn't even know I hit you'

Scum... Someone with that much money to afford a merc willing to go into instruance fraud on a young girl with a KA...

Yep, sounds like a right lowlife.... I would ask for the evidence - as I said, £1,700 suggests a lot of damage to any sort of car! Or at least a breakdown of exactly what damage there was to his car. There's something not right there, don't give up too easily.

crash for cash by the sounds of it :shout:

Given he didn't even notice the collision and took that long to submit a claim, this is not a crash for cash scam. An exaggerated motor claim, no doubt.

I'd keep pushing her insurers. Keep telling them your certain he's fraudulently exaggerating the minimal damage. I'm surprised Churchill are willing to settle so easily and that he hasn't added a personal injury claim. Potentially, the latter is the reason, as they tend to settle motor claims with no personal injury aspect quicker.

Similar Thread Suggestions