Instrument cluster lighting failure

Antti O

Gold Member
Hi
Just today instrument cluster lightning was off. Stopped car and started it again and those are now working.
What is this?

i think it must be a electronic gliche, mine does it now and again, where my headlights are working but the clock lights arent, turn the ignition on and off and they come on. nothing to worry about, it doesnt get any worse, just will do it once in a blue moon.

i think it must be a electronic gliche, mine does it now and again, where my headlights are working but the clock lights arent, turn the ignition on and off and they come on. nothing to worry about, it doesnt get any worse, just will do it once in a blue moon.

Okay.. we do have another renault but it doesnt have these kind of things.
My ex car was super reliable BMW E46 so i have to learn how to live with 197. :001_rolleyes:

It happens from time to time yeah, haven't got a clue why :huh:

Also strange, the board computer display in my car sometimes doesn't work properly. Either it's poorly illuminated or just shows some random characters... I noticed that hitting the top of the cluster can make it better or worse, but after time it starts to work normal again. Any ideas? Looks more like bad wiring/soldering than a software glitch...

It's the easiest job in the world to cange the dial cluster, if it comes to that. It is quite literally on hinges :tongueout:

my lcd screen inbetween the rev counter/speedo flickered recently, it was one of those situations where so much has gone wrong in such a short space of time that all i could do was laugh at it

It happens from time to time yeah, haven't got a clue why :huh:

Also strange, the board computer display in my car sometimes doesn't work properly. Either it's poorly illuminated or just shows some random characters... I noticed that hitting the top of the cluster can make it better or worse, but after time it starts to work normal again. Any ideas? Looks more like bad wiring/soldering than a software glitch...

My computer does the same and a gentle slap on the top of the dash does the trick. Only happened about 4 times in 2 years of ownership.