Inlet Manifolds gaskets

Gorman

Paid Member
Is there such thing as thicker or an improved version of the inlet manifold gaskets for both manifolds?

I'm changing mine and I'm looking to reduce my temperatures as much as possible.

Thanks.

I have never used it or have any affiliation with this product, but there is a Phenolic spacer for the 197

There is loads of discussion about if they work or not (not just on Clios, the VAG 1.8 20VT boys have been talking about them since I was at uni lol).

Reactions: Gorman
They definitely work at reducing the temp of the metalwork.

However, for how long the air is actually in the manifold and runners, I can’t see it making any odds. They used to go mad for them amongst the Ford scene back when I last had one.

Reactions: suj
Cheers lads for the input. I'd imagine the difference is small, however, my intention is to just upgrade as I go and make some efforts to reduce intake temperatures.

They definitely work at reducing the temp of the metalwork.

However, for how long the air is actually in the manifold and runners, I can’t see it making any odds. They used to go mad for them amongst the Ford scene back when I last had one.

Yeah I should have said like Nath did, in theory it will lower temps between the metal faces as it does state, but in practice it won't make massive difference.

Yeah if you want to buy it, it won't do harm really, just make sure it doesn't leak.

Yeah I should have said like Nath did, in theory it will lower temps between the metal faces as it does state, but in practice it won't make massive difference.

Yeah if you want to buy it, it won't do harm really, just make sure it doesn't leak.

Looking at the gasket it probably doesn't require any type of sealant etc.