INFO: Retaining stalk controls and OEM display

I installed an APF-D102RE cable tonight and unfortunately it doesn't retain the OEM display on a 197 with this style display.

The Alpine HU I'm using is OEM sub-display ready/has the 'Vehicle Interface Display' cable but the display only shows the time and temperature. It does however remove 'RENAULT' from the display when replacing the CTRN005. The steering functions are the same - source, volume and mute.

There is a youtube video where they have the sub-display working with the APF-D102RE on this style display in a 197.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlBrookes
My car has an awful blue Kenwood headunit. With steering wheel control but no display.
Does anyone knows if an Alpine can use this type of display in 2011 car?8673759B-24C5-4B90-9185-D90B90E52F71.png

Normally if your headunit supports sub-out/sub display and you purchase the necessary wiring, yes the display should be supported.

However your display doesn’t say “Renault” so it can’t be said with absolute certainty. Unless someone with the same display can confirm it.

Reactions: Nero
Thread resurrection time.

I've just bought a 2009 Clio 200, it's got an aftermarket Pioneer head unit which isn't linked to the steering wheel controls or display, and doesn't have Bluetooth. I want to replace it with something that has Bluetooth which I can use with the steering wheel controls. Using the standard display would be a nice to have.

Currently the display only shows time and temp, does that mean I can't use the display with any aftermarket headunit?

Any recommendations on a headunit, and which cables or adapters I might need to get the steering wheel controls to work? Again, display would be a nice to have.

Reactions: Gorka and Nero
Thread resurrection time.

I've just bought a 2009 Clio 200, it's got an aftermarket Pioneer head unit which isn't linked to the steering wheel controls or display, and doesn't have Bluetooth. I want to replace it with something that has Bluetooth which I can use with the steering wheel controls. Using the standard display would be a nice to have.

Currently the display only shows time and temp, does that mean I can't use the display with any aftermarket headunit?

Any recommendations on a headunit, and which cables or adapters I might need to get the steering wheel controls to work? Again, display would be a nice to have.

Does anyone have an update on this? I have the same brand of stereo and struggling to identify which lead I need.

I bought a connects2 adapter and pioneer patch lead, the steering wheel controls work but not the display. View attachment 144525
Does the display not work as in it doesn't show anything, or as in it doesn't show any track information?

If it's the latter, it's probably because your headunit doesn't support the sub-out option which displays track info. From what I can remember, it was only a feature in high-end Alpine units.

Yeah I didn't expect it to. The unit and cable don't support it, you're right I think it's Alpine only with a very expensive cable, and even then only in some cars. Mine shows time and temp but no radio information - doesn't bother me.