Induction kit

Hey
I recently brought a clio 200 cup 09 plate.

Looking to buy an induction kit or performance filter just wondering what's the best for sound or gains

Hey
I recently brought a clio 200 cup 09 plate.

Looking to buy an induction kit or performance filter just wondering what's the best for sound or gains

If you mean cone filter like KTEC make? Then the answer is no gains, but more noise.

If you mean airbox, then the V6 or R3 ones are best, but they need relocation of battery / fuses, but there isn't heatsoak like the open cone filter.

You will need a map to get best gains out of it, of course.

What @suj says is correct in my opinion.

A lot of people retain the original air filter set up as there is not much on the market that can improve on the OEM system for power. You can replace the OEM filter but you are unlikely to see any power gains.

A K-Tec kit will give you some entertaining noise. I had one on my Clio for about a year and really enjoyed the noise the engine made when accelerating.

I have just put in a V6 airbox. Rumours suggest that the V6 airbox gives you a tiny power gain but perhaps more torque but I have no evidence to back up this claim. A V6 airbox makes a nice noise as well. It cost me about £480 in parts to move the battery and put in a V6 airbox. If you get a garage to do the battery relocation they will charge anywhere between £300 to £450 for just that part of the work.

A K-Tec kit will cost about £220, but you can probably pick up one second hand for less than that.

Or if you have deep pockets you can go for a R3 set up.

What @suj says is correct in my opinion.

A lot of people retain the original air filter set up as there is not much on the market that can improve on the OEM system for power. You can replace the OEM filter but you are unlikely to see any power gains.

A K-Tec kit will give you some entertaining noise. I had one on my Clio for about a year and really enjoyed the noise the engine made when accelerating.

I have just put in a V6 airbox. Rumours suggest that the V6 airbox gives you a tiny power gain but perhaps more torque but I have no evidence to back up this claim. A V6 airbox makes a nice noise as well. It cost me about £480 in parts to move the battery and put in a V6 airbox. If you get a garage to do the battery relocation they will charge anywhere between £300 to £450 for just that part of the work.

A K-Tec kit will cost about £220, but you can probably pick up one second hand for less than that.

Or if you have deep pockets you can go for a R3 set up.
So k tec cone set up is better for sound

Ramair used to do a a kit for about £50 which is virtually the same as Ktec but without the heat shield, which doesn't make a fat lot of difference anyway.

My car definitely feels slower with the Ktec kit compared to the standard air box. Although I would benefit from a map I'm very tempted to go back to standard or V6 airbox.

However, they sound great.

Ramair used to do a a kit for about £50 which is virtually the same as Ktec but without the heat shield, which doesn't make a fat lot of difference anyway.

My car definitely feels slower with the Ktec kit compared to the standard air box. Although I would benefit from a map I'm very tempted to go back to standard or V6 airbox.

However, they sound great.
Would you say this is because you haven't had it mapped? Also have you changed the exhaust?

Would you say this is because you haven't had it mapped? Also have you changed the exhaust?

On facebook someone did before and after with an open cone (KTEC) and it lost power and with a map it just brought it back to standard (but that's with a fan blowing air and depends on temperature of the day, so on a hot day heatsoak will probably make it worse and will pull back on timing).

Reactions: wootwoot
On facebook someone did before and after with an open cone (KTEC) and it lost power and with a map it just brought it back to standard (but that's with a fan blowing air and depends on temperature of the day, so on a hot day heatsoak will probably make it worse and will pull back on timing).
OK cheers for the insight. So is the consensus on the forum the KTEC induction isn't a worthwhile addition?