In the market

Hello everyone, im here for some wisdom and guidence. I am looking at buying a clio 197/200. I have a budget of around 10k. Please can people tell me what to look out for when buying one of these cars. Also, what are the well known issues to go wrong with them?

Thankyou. I did have a look at that earlier but just wanted to get peoples opinions on the cars and what they are like to live with.

Had both std 197 never again and a FF200.Cup with Recaros fantastic car just steering rack and bolsters on the Recaros which are known problems just made me Smile have a FF250 Megane Cup now which again is fantastic just better build quality

For 10k you should be a let o get a top spec 200. I paid 9995 for mine an it's a FF200 cup with recaros ect. Give the gearbox a good test when you test drive it, if you can change from 3rd to 4th over 4/5k an make sure it doesn't crunch.

as said a lot of 197/200's have gearbox problems but then again a lot don't so don't let it put you off. they really are awesome cars to own and great fun, ive been looking to p/x mine for something new recently but i cant bring my self to get rid of it!

Welcome mate!! Mines for sale, half the budget with all the common problems fixed! If it wasn't for needing a company estate car I'd be keeping mine for chasing down Megane 250's and clio 200's. :wink: haha