In need of door alignment?

Yiannis197

Paid Member
Hi all,

I was a passenger in my car the other day and I could hear wind coming through the door even though the window was completely shut. Then -to my surprise that I hadn't noticed earlier - I noticed this;

null_zps5b5ff0d7.jpg
null_zpsa3bd5272.jpg
null_zps50da6d92.jpg

Apparently the door catches the A-pillar trim and now it's gone rusty:worried: I seriously can't believe that I hadn't noticed that before...stupid...

So what do you guys think? Do I need to take the car to a bodyshop to have the door aligned? How much should I expect to pay?

I've got some touch up paint to treat it but it's pointless to do it before I sort out the door...

Thanks!

Yes I did mate, it looks fine, I also compared it with the driver's one and I can't tell any difference tbh..

A bit pikey, but if it was me as long as the rest of the door aligned properly I would be bending the top of the door our by hand a little.

That's the problem Chris, I don't know if the rest of the door is aligned properly which tbh I don't think it is given the wind noise.

when its closed whats the gap like??

if its sitting high just push down on it a little and itll shift slightly

Thanks for your replies guys. On a closer inspection I realised that the door alignment is spot on but when shut it goes further in that the driver's one suggesting that the door rubber has had it? Here are some pics

The knackered one
null_zpsb0908799.jpg
The good one
null_zps6768e035.jpg

The difference is quite noticeable...There is no gap at all in the first picture, passenger's door.

Passenger's

null_zps3a4bf358.jpg

Driver's

null_zpsf643e7ad.jpg

And here are some pics that show the passenger door's alignment

null_zps32cce2d7.jpg

Yeah I know the rear window seal needs refitting!

null_zps05cf35e7.jpg

Driver's

null_zps64067dac.jpg

Passenger's

null_zps7952976c.jpg

Need a new rubber seal replacement you reckon?