ignition coil and spark plug

Was driving normally on a13 and over a sudden my car does bang noise. I pull over and open my bonnet and see I’m missing a ignition coil and spark plug. The ignition coil melted down and was stuck behind the engine while the spark plug was on top of the engine after the bang noise. What could of caused this?

Attachments

• 105A8AC5-E63F-4EBF-9DB1-33E37618BD2D.png
    105A8AC5-E63F-4EBF-9DB1-33E37618BD2D.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 44
There have been a few people who have had a spark plug come loose and do similar damage and others worse, I'd be checking the threads on that spark plug hole.

Last edited:
Was the coil pack bolted down? Have they been replaced recently (plugs or packs)? As @suj says I’d be checking the spark plug thread.

Was the coil pack bolted down? Have they been replaced recently (plugs or packs)? As @suj says I’d be checking the spark plug thread.
I don’t think they were changed as my car is in my brothers garage doing a full check on the car and see what other problems there is. I only had the car for 2 days and that problem happened.

I would hazard a guess that a leaking spark plug would do that damage to the ignition coil from the hot gasses getting past. Not the other way round. So loose spark plug ?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk