If your in the Royal navy look away

The rumour is its going out today but the BBC are saying tuesday. Its heading to a hotter place which admitadly is'nt hard lol.

It was over here as a work up exercise of the coast of cornwall and Wales. It was or would have been the first atlantic exercise for the EA-18G Growlers. To say the RAF and Royal navy buggered it up for them is an understatment. We promised them fuel diverts {Yeovilton and Lyneham} and air refueling facilities and we let them down. Our tankers were mainly unavailable and Yeovilton was shut. Then Lyneham would'nt except them because they were waking the locals up. I had F18 fighter pilots on the radio saying it was a joke and this is the last time they'll be on exercise over here.

So after promising all that they could only do about 30% of there training. Next stop there going to protect our troops not 100% ready thanks to our MOD

What an F'ing joke! What a typically soft thing to do on our part.. what's that you want to go and help our troops stay alive?..... oh but you can't train because Doris doesn't like being woken up in a morning!

Great pics BTW, would love to get a look around one of these :drool:

That's unbelievably huge! Ive seen the ark royal up close (courtesy of Portsmouth university) and couldnt believe how big it was but that pics makes it look like a little recon ship!
Amazing feat of engineering

You know, I support the need to make cuts with this Government given the terrible state of affairs Blair and Brown got us into, but I get an overwhelming feeling that the mandarins in the MOD are safeguarding their useless jobs over frontline services. Same has to be said for the councils. Makes me quite angry that we pay the front line solider a pittance but give £100k to the pen pusher in London.

You know, I support the need to make cuts with this Government given the terrible state of affairs Blair and Brown got us into, but I get an overwhelming feeling that the mandarins in the MOD are safeguarding their useless jobs over frontline services. Same has to be said for the councils. Makes me quite angry that we pay the front line solider a pittance but give £100k to the pen pusher in London.

Agreed!!! the head counciler for Suffolk is one about £250k which is rediculous, and she refuses to take a pay cut. How she hasn't been lynched yet i don't know, lol.
Bit off topic but hey.

Similar Thread Suggestions