I think to many people...

...are to hard and critical on the NHS.
I can't fault them. I was brought to hospital 2 nights ago (through A+E) and have had my op and currently recovering.

The hospital is very busy and they couldn't find me a bed for a long time ( so much so the surgery admissions lounge became my room, and I was examined there. The doctor and nurses/reception ladies pushed from the time I got there till the time I got a bed and kept me updated.

the aneasthiseologist (or however that's Spelt) helped me through being put to sleep brilliantly. The lady with me when I woke dosed me up with pain relief and chatted to me and got me back to my ward as soon as I was managing. I've had a lady change my dressing more then required as it was leaking and they changed my bedding along with it. They check regularly on us all too. The food is quite nice too.

I'm still here now and the stuff they cope with and do daily is astounding.
I say we let up on them as at the end of the day the goverment is strangling their resources and they are struggling through as best they can.

:jase2::jase2:

Agree, moan moan moan people these days!

When I had sight problems & lost half the sight in my left eye, they were just amazing!

It's not the docs and nurses who give the hospitals a bad name it's the money grabbing people who run them that give the NHS a bad name

yeah I'm on the ward mending. only pain now is when they have to re pack the open wound as it was an infection leading to a perinal abcess and it can't be stitched shut so is left to heal with daily dressing/padding changes.

the things I've read and been told about hospitals made me worried. I've never had an op before and I just can't understand the negative view of the nhs as uncaring. The people caring for me are lovely.
I blame alot of it on goverment officials and such as they recently closed another a+e in the area putting this hospital under twice the stress meaning they simply don't have the beds to accommodate people :worried:

Hope youre recovering well, on the plus side for you, you dont have to endure the postcode lottery that us northerners do, I have a sister and niece who both work in the nhs-one at warrington and the other at whiston, neither of them have good things to say about the system.

My niece even made comment when she broke her leg about how much she realises the disservice that goes on in some hospitals and that included the one where she works.

The gf has got lots of stories about varying service levels throughout the nw. Its only took her 4 years to finally get the correct type of physio from her nhs........

I still acted smart in my choice.

I've seen mayday hospital and had family in there and that is a badly run inefficient hospital.
St Heliers and Farnborough are the better ones locally.

Also as I went through a+e rather then my GP as the pain and swelling got very bad in a matter of days I was rushed through rather then the month going through my GP would have taken. Very good chance of the loss of a chunk of muscle if I had left it to that.

people only moan when things go badly, but if your in hospital its not a good start in the first place. If someone cant be helped or saved, they have the need to blame someone.

Nurses are the backbone of the NHS, without them working overtime for no pay it would be on its arse.