I need more cold air!

Anything is possible with enough time/money.

But the side vents are there to remove hot air from the engine bay rather than draw cold air in...

Anything is possible with enough time/money.

But the side vents are there to remove hot air from the engine bay rather than draw cold air in...

For me now i think that dislocating the coolant bottle and fitting the custom air feed through the front grill.

Re the V6 airbox.

The cup cars run without the arch liners so are drawing air in from inside the wheel arch.

They do not have any ducting for the airbox.

This is from another forum so it's not hard fact but food for thought.

"Half the temp means twice the power. Sadly it's not half the degC it's half the k. So going from 30degC to 15 degC doesn't mean twice the power. 30 degC is 303 k and 15 degC is 288 k so approx 5% temp drop so only 5% more power. Well worthwhile (but sadly not as good as twice the power)."

Long time no action on this Thread but only just now all of my tips and ideias come together....

This is my new engine bay.... without the RV6 airbox...

photo.jpg

Logs and impressions coming very soon....
I wish 10 degrees less in air intake temp......

Lets see

Regards

First day out and seems to be a positive log info
So 21degrees outside and the car in low speed situation get higher intake temps.... I enter in the highway with 38 degrees and floor it to 6 gear and made one pull to 210~220 and read 32degrees stable then I drive normal in the highway 110~120 and the temp just go up a few degrees more...

So we start this thread with 15 degrees outside and a inlet temp for always more than 29~30 degrees.....
i think I have improvements here....

Thanks for your support - I will update more info and tests