I hate Autoglym!

I like AG SRP, EGP, Car Glass Polish, Aqua Wax and also their tyre dressing. I have some HD Wax but havent tried it yet.

I used some Paint Renovator yesterday on my father-in-law-to-be's Saab. I did a small section on the rear wheel arch to try and remove a scratch. I was quite surprised at how well it did.

I like AG SRP, EGP, Car Glass Polish, Aqua Wax and also their tyre dressing. I have some HD Wax but havent tried it yet.

Aqua Wax is ....... ok IMO. Good for quick touch ups. But doesn't offer that much protection as a wax. Smells good as well. Much prefer a hard wax, from the Auto Glym range it would be the HD WAX.

If I'm doing it wrong how come my impreza has won every show and shine its been entered in? Autoglym is sh*te, end of.

Calm your jets matey! Clearly you are doing something wrong if the majority of the people who use Autoglym products are not having similar issues when they follow the instructions to the letter. Autoglym have got some great products. SRP is excellent, EGP is a product I haven't used in a while as I've settled on using their HD Wax as it gives great durability. Doesn't mean it's sh*t, I've just found something I prefer. Just because one of your cars has won every show and shine it has been entered in doesn't mean that you are a flawless detailer. Some products take time to get used to, give it another go.

Aqua Wax is ....... ok IMO. Good for quick touch ups. But doesn't offer that much protection as a wax. Smells good as well. Much prefer a hard wax, from the Auto Glym range it would be the HD WAX.

I agree that it isnt as good as a hard wax but when you're short of time i think it's a great product :smile:

I used many years autoglym and found the way how autoglym works best. It is pretty ok stuff if you want to wax your car once / month to keep good wax layer. Once people recommended collinite 915 paste wax for me i gave a shot. That was very last time i used autoglym ever. Collinite is so much better for shine and when talking about wax layer lasting.
Here where i live is so terrible conditions over winter (roadsalt, sand, snow, ice etc) i really do want wax last longer.

One important thing when you do wax your car is how good prepwork you do. Claybar is absolute MINIMUM!.. better if you can machine polish lacquer before applying any wax.
Air tempeature and air humidity have to be correct too. I bet when you have seen how good protection collinite 915 will make you never ever buy autoglym.

Images maybe tell nothing but here is some with collinite 915:

full.jpg

And my one toy, 267bhp 1600cc rs turbo:

full

062.jpg

039.jpg

Last edited:
Autoglym_Alloy_Wheel_Seal_450ml_096.711.jpg

vs

Mr%20Sheen%20Polish.jpg

I suspect they're the same that's all :tongueout:

I share your suspicions! Probably not the best wheel sealent but nice to work with! AG Fast Glass is really good too.

Regards AG polish, I used to mix the SRP with some Extra Gloss protection and it was really easy to work with and cuts down on the dust! These days I use the 3m polishes with the DA, Autobrite Cherry glaze and Zymol Carbon wax.

If I'm doing it wrong how come my impreza has won every show and shine its been entered in? Autoglym is sh*te, end of.
zoespic.jpg

So thats 2 iirc? :wink:

As already mentioned on CS, these show and shine competitions, they dont look for corrections, so cars can be swirled to ****, but 'shiny', and win........

Also whats 'extra deep gloss polish'....? do you mean Ultra Deep Shine? If so, why are you putting it on a Silver car as its meant for dark colurs? Also, EGP is only a sealent, the paint needs to be cleaned first by SRP. You ARE doing it wrong :wink: