How mental was your thermometer today?

Nose on windscreen was in reference to the tendency to judder, splutter and cough when cold. Sorry to disappoint - but the outlook for Clio RS owners this winter isnt good :smile:

Oh! So thats why my car juddered after work today as it was cold, i was in a rush after work as i was running late, usually i sit for a couple of mins to let the car warm up, but today it was juddering like a kangaroo down the road!!

Oh! So thats why my car juddered after work today as it was cold, i was in a rush after work as i was running late, usually i sit for a couple of mins to let the car warm up, but today it was juddering like a kangaroo down the road!!

WELCOME TO THE CLUB !

A few mins ticking over - before movement commences is the only **possible answer....

Yea - to be honest its not a good look lurching and kangarooing across the works car park as you leave is it. Especially when everyone knows your a petrol-head and take pride in your car.

Few mins warming up and VERY ginger use of the throttle for the first 2-3 miles worked for me at the start of the year

Im HOPING my remap may help in some way this winter. We'll see........ !

Reactions: Adam_C
On the plus side, even with very light throttle and plenty of mechanical sympathy when cold, you get the occasional pop :tongueclosed:
I find they very quicky switch off the 'cold' map (if such a thing exists) and sort themselves out.

Reactions: sevenfourate
On the plus side, even with very light throttle and plenty of mechanical sympathy when cold, you get the occasional pop :tongueclosed:
I find they very quicky switch off the 'cold' map (if such a thing exists) and sort themselves out.

I'll second that! Winter is the only season I'll generate any kind of pop from my car! Even sat at traffic lights it sounds better!

Certainly suffer juddering though, last year was my first winter with the car and had it in my head something wasn't right, now I know full well its just the nature of the car!

In my 197 I had my nan in the front mum and Aunty in the back. Start it up cold in the middle of winter and they were let's say, not very impressed as it kangaoored up the road lol!!

In my 197 I had my nan in the front mum and Aunty in the back. Start it up cold in the middle of winter and they were let's say, not very impressed as it kangaoored up the road lol!!

The scenario in my head of your Aunty head-butting you from behind isnt even funny.........

The scenario in my head of your Aunty head-butting you from behind isnt even funny.........

Lmao, they were really not happy with me on this particular journey as a bit later on I had a motorbike tailgating me over a bridge (bare in mind it's winter and that day was very windy), trying to harass me, needless to say I gave him a gesture.