How many ponies have you got?

193.5BHP with an ITG Panel according to a spanking new Dastek at The Speed Factory (Chorley) in August 2010.

Should be a nice bit more than that now I would think, but the main thing is she feels strong and the delivery is nice and smooth.

V6 airbox, lightweight flywheel, y-pipe, decat, Miltek, matched inlets, PaulRS remap:

Clio-197-ispuh--v6-aribox--usisna-grana--remap1_HP.jpg

Clio-197-ispuh--v6-aribox--usisna-grana--remap1_NM.jpg

TBH: not happy...not happy at all...:worried:

I had more power before: V6 airbox, lightweight flywheel, Miltek 200cell sportcat & remap:

Clio-197---Miltek--V6-airbox--lightweight-flywheel--remap_1.jpg

Hmmm something isn't right there.... :huh:

Have you have a comparison with a stock Clio?

I don't mean to state the obvious Raptor, but it looks like you've used two different dyno places?

If that's the case then you need to go back to the place where you made 195.1BHP and put your car back on there. The ONLY way to get a correct before/after comparison is to use the same dyno facility. Every dyno facility will read slightly differently if they're anything like what we have over here mate.

I really hope there isn't a problem with the car, you've put a lot of work into her... Sure it's just the dyno. :smile:

I don't mean to state the obvious Raptor, but it looks like you've used two different dyno places?

If that's the case then you need to go back to the place where you made 195.1BHP and put your car back on there. The ONLY way to get a correct before/after comparison is to use the same dyno facility. Every dyno facility will read slightly differently if they're anything like what we have over here mate.

I really hope there isn't a problem with the car, you've put a lot of work into her... Sure it's just the dyno. :smile:

I could't agree more, however, the car is slower than it was. I have a friend that serves as a reference point (Honda Civic Type-R EP3). :wink:

I have an old reading, from the same dyno, couldn't find it when I've posted the first pics:

Hmmm something isn't right there.... :huh:

Have you have a comparison with a stock Clio?

STOCK (obviously, the thinner line) vs "Race mode":

Clio-197---Miltek--V6-airbox--lightweight-flywheel--remap-VS-STOCK.jpg

And how my car looked against the "regular" 197 when it was in "race mode":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MepnZ0iMyg

Last edited:
Gah, still down then. :worried: Hopefully you'll get her back into race mode again soon. :smile:

I think mine was 183bhp standard (apart from ITG panel) at RSTuning in Leeds. Pretty poor IMO. I might take the MPS on a RR and see what it makes. Supposed to be 256bhp, but I think people having been having a similar story, getting around the 248bhp mark.

I think mine was 183bhp standard (apart from ITG panel) at RSTuning in Leeds. Pretty poor IMO. I might take the MPS on a RR and see what it makes. Supposed to be 256bhp, but I think people having been having a similar story, getting around the 248bhp mark.

A friend of mine has an M3 MPS '09 too, and he made his own airbox - the gains were ~15bhp if I remember correctly.

He has a Mazda dealership so I got one MPS to drive, and he drove his own and we've tried 50-220km/h - he was faster for 3 lengths of a car every time we've tried it, and he had a big tent in the booth (it was a Mazda Roadshow and were returning from the event).

It makes a huge difference and it may be a good starting point for you.

I got to drive, of course, the red one:

22052010627.jpg

22052010630.jpg

Last edited:
V6 airbox, lightweight flywheel, y-pipe, decat, Miltek, matched inlets, PaulRS remap:

Clio-197-ispuh--v6-aribox--usisna-grana--remap1_HP.jpg

Clio-197-ispuh--v6-aribox--usisna-grana--remap1_NM.jpg

TBH: not happy...not happy at all...:worried:

I had more power before: V6 airbox, lightweight flywheel, Miltek 200cell sportcat & remap:

Clio-197---Miltek--V6-airbox--lightweight-flywheel--remap_1.jpg

your getting hung up on rr results - how do you know they are "accurate" - could be over reading/under-reading and most do a "calculation" for transmission loss etc so not exactly that accurate is it?

rr - only really good for a "before vs after" and then if the day is cooler or hotter on the seperate runs it will screw the results slightly

had mine rr'ed on a few and its never given the same and ranged from 177 - 203 so read in to that what you like!!

Last edited:
Ours with Akrapovic Evolution system:

Max Power @ wheels- 177.7 bhp @ 7,358 rpm
Max Power @ engine- 201.7 bhp @ 7,520 rpm
Max Torque- 148.8 lbft @ 5,877 rpm

Thats at Extreme Motorsport in Whitburn.

Ye, compared to the other 197s on the day though Fox, mine was a little disappointing. It's gone now anyway, not that the RR figure was what made me sell it.