How many miles out of a clutch?

I know it can depend on driving style, brand etc loads of factors but.. driving into the EU in about 3 weeks time and been debating getting a recon box and clutch package as precaution before heading to the ring as I’ve noticed an occasional slight judder when pulling away but not sure if I’m overthinking it :tongueout: clutch is about 30/35k old how often are people replacing them? Cheers!

I have about 75k miles on mine. Gearbox came out recently and the garage said the clutch looked fine. There was a decent amount of material left on the clutch surface, so it went back in.

Judder when pulling away might be mounts?

I have about 75k miles on mine. Gearbox came out recently and the garage said the clutch looked fine. There was a decent amount of material left on the clutch surface, so it went back in.

Judder when pulling away might be mounts?
All polybushed mate that’s what I was thinking could be a factor as it is all very stiff, if I’m honest it’s probably juddered since I’ve had it but where I’m off to the ring soon shit starts playing on my mind more need to forget about it haha!

With mixed driving, they seem to last until around 70k. Recently there have been a number of cars (mine included) which have suffered from the clutch breaking apart.

I have a feeling the issue is more to do with the age of the clutch and the type of use (fast road/track use making it worse as failures seem to happen at high rpms).

However I think you would be ok as your car is much newer and has less mileage. Just a thing to keep in mind though for the future.

With mixed driving, they seem to last until around 70k. Recently there have been a number of cars (mine included) which have suffered from the clutch breaking apart.

I have a feeling the issue is more to do with the age of the clutch and the type of use (fast road/track use making it worse as failures seem to happen at high rpms).

However I think you would be ok as your car is much newer and has less mileage. Just a thing to keep in mind though for the future.
The mileage is around 80k mate but I believe the clutch was done around 50k but yeah I think all I can do is take it easy the next couple of weeks and hope it lasts but it’s probably fine and me just being paranoid before going to the ring really :tongueout:

100k miles, I'll have your 35k one if you do replace it [emoji16]

Mines on 124k and as far as the service history states... original. I bought it at 109k and theres service history from the start. I am worried the slave is going to cr*p itself though.

The mileage is around 80k mate but I believe the clutch was done around 50k but yeah I think all I can do is take it easy the next couple of weeks and hope it lasts but it’s probably fine and me just being paranoid before going to the ring really :tongueout:
I reckon you should be fine then mate, give it hell! :french:

Bit of an update, it’s gone for a new clutch and slave aswell as a box refurb, aswell as Godspeed discs, pbs pads and rbf660 fluid so should be great when I get it back. Just kept playing on my mind, and when you can get all that done for the price you can, it outweighs that cost plus the costs of breaking down either on the ring or anywhere in Europe, will update once I get the car back and see what state the clutch was in haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bedoef and DS197
Bit of an update, it’s gone for a new clutch and slave aswell as a box refurb, aswell as Godspeed discs, pbs pads and rbf660 fluid so should be great when I get it back. Just kept playing on my mind, and when you can get all that done for the price you can, it outweighs that cost plus the costs of breaking down either on the ring or anywhere in Europe, will update once I get the car back and see what state the clutch was in haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you get your clutch done pal? And how much was it to be done? Cheers john