How many litres gbox oil do we need?

Hi I've read on here that it's 2l but I've also heard its met to be just over 3.5l what's right? Cheers

When I did mine I bought 3 litres but I'm pretty sure I still have just over a full bottle sat in the garage. Will check later if I remember!

Where you get the figures from raptor just the old 172 boxes used 3. Something as well so thought its strange we use half amount

Where you get the figures from raptor just the old 172 boxes used 3. Something as well so thought its strange we use half amount

that because its a different gearbox in 172/182....

197 tl4 box only takes max of 2ltr

I am going to change mine soon. I've looked into alot of ones such as fuchs, millers and Red Line. I had only heard of fuchs, castrol and millers oil before but Red Line looks like it ticks all my requirements such as works from word go in cold weathers and protect sychromesh's, for the my clio 197 it would be 3rd sychro. I want it to make gear changes smoother for when I give the car a blast as at present the gear changes aren't smooth, going from 3rd-4th is a bit stiff. Hopefully Red Line oil can rectify that. :smile: