How long...

Did you supply your dealer with an email? I didn't amd haven't had one either (unsuprisingly). But I have had a letter from Renault UK saying my car would be ready w/c 27th September. Not long now but still no word from the dealer.

I received a letter from Renault apologising for the delay due to high demand, and after placing the order on the 1st of august, my due date is around the 25th of oct... the only thing that gets me through the days is lurking on clio197.net and drooling over pictures of the Storm Grey 200's

I ordered mine on August 6th, and was told delivery on 26th October. Decided to chance my luck today and ask to see if I could add the cornering lights option. I was told the car was in production, and therefore no.
So what happens for the next 7 weeks?!? Nothing?

11 weeks 3 days, picked it up on first Saturday of June (2010). When I ordered it, I was told that it would take 10 - 12 weeks (I remember the dealer look it up on his computer, and they had a light system - was on green, so no delays).

I ordered mine beginning of June and havnt had any letter or email but dealer said should ready by the 18th of sept at latest :smile:

I have had an update twice by phone, I think they must keep you up to date one way or another every so often.

I've had another letter from Renault UK about a week ago say my car had left the factory. It was accompanied by a set of playing cards with "patience" emblazoned across the back of them.

Now some smart arsed marketing idiot might think that it was funny, but when you've been waiting three months it is more than taking the p***. It tested my patience. I was tempted to send them back with a rather curt and to the point message of f*** you and f*** your car:jumpon:

Renault UK you're taking the p*** with lead times, don't take it even further by taking the p*** out of your customers:chair:

lol mate, talk about taking a red rag to a bull.

I would get the huff to, its insane how long the lead time in on Renaults.

The wait would kill me, I would find the number to the factory and be ringing them every hour for an update :rofl:

Lol I contacted my dealer for an update as I was told the factory is closed AGAIN something to do with the euro 5 engin.. waiting for a reply

Ordered on 9th June - expected first week in October. I've spent all those weeks suppressing any hint of excitement & now I can't seem to raise any enthusiasm at all. It's done my head in!!!! Besides, the 197 (now 40k on the clock) is going like a rocket! A proper surge at 5500 rpm & torque apparently where once there was none!

I have done over 4k since June & the hole in the seat is bigger! What a strange way to do business. Hope the dealer sticks to his quoted price for the 197.

I'm feeling rather "storm grey" at the moment!!

Picked up my LY 200 Cup today - ordered on 23/4/10 so that's almost 5 months.... worth the wait though :smile:

Got pics but can't get them off the dam phone! Will get some proper ones this weekend and post em up!

BTW, Happy 200th post Maz :smile:

holly molly, 5 month wait ..... hope that's not the norm ... only ordered mine on 17th July !!

hoping to get it before November 10th at least so I can have a blast down to the WRC in Cardiff