how do you change headlight bulb!!??

got a bulb out on the passenger side and got the bulb ready to change and popped the bonnet an dear god,how the hell do you get to it.the battery and all sortd are in the way.has anyone changed them thereselves and if so how???

with great difficulty and bloody hands. Ideally you want hands like a 10 yr old gypsie. Remove the covers on the fuse box infront of the battery, the batter covers and the air intake, with alot of pain you can get it changed. Talkin from personal experience, whatever you do, dont let the metal clasp on the back of the bulb come off. It will drive you to suicide. :thumbup1:

with great difficulty and bloody hands. Ideally you want hands like a 10 yr old gypsie. Remove the covers on the fuse box infront of the battery, the batter covers and the air intake, with alot of pain you can get it changed. Talkin from personal experience, whatever you do, dont let the metal clasp on the back of the bulb come off. It will drive you to suicide. :thumbup1:

cant even get my fingers in the gap,even with the battery and fuse box trim off.how on earth do people do this

Front bumper removal job in that case I'm afraid :worried:

Took me and best mates 2 hours to change a bulb!!!! :s

Front bumper removal job in that case I'm afraid :worried:

Took me and best mates 2 hours to change a bulb!!!! :s

god,renault will do anything to get you in there workshop.sod taking the bumper off,going to get some scars,but im going to give it ago

Try using some gloves, I wished I'd had a pair when changing the sidelight bulb on a Tigra!

Yeah, bumper off is easyest but takes a bit of time. May be worth upgrading all the lights at once to save time...just in case you wanna mod later :thumbup1: first one took me well over an hour, knew what I was doing on the next one. Took about 2 and a half hours for the lot. There are a few good guides on here you can use.

Took me maybe an hour at most to do all four (high and low beam).

Left side is easy (still requires removal of the washed bottle tube), right side requires removal of the secondary air inlet/acoustic valve.

It makes it easier to insert the bulb into the socket and push the hole lot in, I made the mistake of trying to insert the bulb in the housing and then plug them in.

Last edited:
Bumper comes off in 15 minutes.

It's easy.
Otherwise...prepare yourself to get frustrated and cut up hands

paddy has written a good guide in the "how to" section which shows how to change the head light bulbs without having to remove the front bumper

Has anyone done the upgrade to HID (Xenon)?
I am thinking of it these days to improve night vision..any experiences regarding the installation?