how do I fit HIDS??

Its black so i dunno whether the grommets are gonna be that much of a problem? I have got an opportunity to swap tailgates but it will add to spray and fitting costs and not sure i can do it atm

I would just stay with what you have now, and save up until you can afford it??
only other thing would be to contact woody on here, he has a black tailgate, with cup racer spoiler, see whether or not he would be willing.... otherwise Id save up and do it properly

I would just stay with what you have now, and save up until you can afford it??
only other thing would be to contact woody on here, he has a black tailgate, with cup racer spoiler, see whether or not he would be willing.... otherwise Id save up and do it properly

I could do it now, but tbh i dont want to be paying in the £500 mark for a new spoiler when it could be around 300 :bash:

You think it would look bad with two grommets in, i don't think you'd see them??

Ill ask woody, i doubt he will wanna swap tho

Yes Keil!! :smile: They look the nuts! :smile: Cant wait to do mine now, is the colour massively different from the standard high beams? i'm debating wether do fit them without upgrading the surrounding bulbs. . . might not need to?

Yer they look the nuts! They nearly blind you when you drive past someone with them though lol.
If you align them properly you won't blind anyone unless you're in something ridiculously low to the ground or on a badly angled crest.

The main cut off should be approximately 2.5 inches below the centre of projector glass at as distance of 25 feet (aren't I nice converting the units). :smile:
Cheers.

If you align them properly you won't blind anyone unless you're in something ridiculously low to the ground or on a badly angled crest.

The main cut off should be approximately 2.5 inches below the centre of projector glass at as distance of 25 feet (aren't I nice converting the units). :smile:
Cheers.

Ahh i see lol, probably this car who fitted them wrong then

It's not so much an issue with fitting (unless you're putting HIDs in normal spread beam housings), it's more that after fitting you should calibrate the headlights.

A good analogy is fitting new tyres but not getting them balanced and aligned.
Cheers.

Is aligning the headlights after fitting HIDs something that I could do myself, or would i be better off taking it to someone?

It's easy to do. You just need a nice flat surface with a wall and enough space to reverse up from the wall (shopping centre car parks are good). Each light has an adjuster which you turn with a phillips head screwdriver. It's grey by the way. They're at the back of the lights in about the centre. There's a hole to look down to see them between where the housing screws onto the car at the top. :smile:
Oh and do it when it's getting a bit darker as well as that way it's easier to distinguish the cut off.
Cheers.

Last edited: