Hollow whirring noise when going up the revs

Morning,

Ever since owning the car (about 6 months now)there has been a hollow non-metallic whirring from the engine bay that seems togo up in pitch as I go up the revs.

Its very hard to describe, but the note is likeputting a ruler half off a desk and twanging it. It only comes in above 4k rpm so is probablysome plastic cowling vibrating. TBH im not worried about it as its sounds non-metallicand the car still pulls well, however just wondered if anyone else had it andsolved my conundrum?

Lol – got so many rattles as well, but theyseem to move from week to week so given up trying to chase them..

Every car seems to have one weird noise or another somewhere

clios I mean, I know mine has a fair few lol

i have like a electrical interference noise like a long beep, when the engine is using all of its 5lb/ft tourqe before it hits VVT

Some of the Clios do make a funny noise like that from the VVT. Renault had mine in for it and couldn't find anything wrong. I've heard a few others do it too and they all seem ok. The noise vanished after I'd done about 30k.

Lol 5lb torque, that's generous. :smile: The interference noise is really odd Glen. Have you taken it to the Steelers?

Last edited:
Lol 5lb torque, that's generous. :smile: The interference noise is really odd Glen. Have you taken it to the Steelers?

yeah it is a strange one, i've only heard it on my car, thought it was the maxogen vibrating at first, but it definitely sounds electrical,

I dont want to take it in to them they are horrendous, last time it was in getting its door handle changed, i caught them hitting the limiter off load on a cold engine

Mine has a beeping electrical noise when driving slow and when engine is cold. Is that the same as what you guys mean?

yeah it is a strange one, i've only heard it on my car, thought it was the maxogen vibrating at first, but it definitely sounds electrical,

I dont want to take it in to them they are horrendous, last time it was in getting its door handle changed, i caught them hitting the limiter off load on a cold engine

the limiter?....christ thats annoyed me and its not even my car

the limiter?....christ thats annoyed me and its not even my car

Yes the limiter, could here it in the showroom, not the quietest car with a straight through scorpion on, i went ape **** with them, they also ripped one my mats, but they denied all knowledge until i demanded CCTV and i got a new set of mats out of them,

i have my final service coming up and im dreading it, i could go else where, but why should i have to

Some of the Clios do make a funny noise like that from the VVT. Renault had mine in for it and couldn't find anything wrong. I've heard a few others do it too and they all seem ok. The noise vanished after I'd done about 30k.

Same here, Renault said it's fine.