Hmm...Water in door

Was just changing the front door speakers and when I removed the drivers one I noticed quite abit of water droplets. Where could this be originating from so I know before I take it to the dealers.

would it be coming through the bottom of the window and run through the drain holes in the bottom of the door.

I wouldn't worry, it's designed to have small amounts of moisture in which can drain out through the drain holes.

I'm not familiar with the Clio anymore but should there be a membrane which stops water from entering this area with electrics in?

It seems a bit of a bad design to have moisture where the speakers and electric window switch.

I'd go with condensation.

Had a caged Siecento and you'd be surprised how much condensation you see on the roof and interior panels when there's no door cards or roof liner there!!!

I'll monitor it for now then. The warranty is there for 3 years if it does go wrong. lol

Thank you for the advice.

I have noticed water dropping from the seal of my drivers side door a couple of times too, not alot just a few drops.

I'm not familiar with the Clio anymore but should there be a membrane which stops water from entering this area with electrics in?

It seems a bit of a bad design to have moisture where the speakers and electric window switch.

There is a plastic membrane to top water entering the cabin and electric connectors but I think he means here is moisture on the door skin which the membrane wouldn't stop.

I'm confused now. lol The water is on the speaker connector and where the speaker sits. Is this normal?

No the plastic membrane should stop any water getting that far. Have you checked that it is not damaged? If it has had a new window for example the fitters just tear them off usually and tale them up.

I had this on my Megane 175. The door membrane had a little rip in it allowing water where it should not be. Was only alerted to this cos the drain holes were blocked an the door was making a slushy noise when opened. Was sorted by the dealer and the car has no issues now !

I would check the drain holes in the bottom of the door are not blocked. My mate didn't clean his Fiesta ST properly and had water in the door for ages before he asked me about it. I got a small key on the pub car park and removed all the crap blocking the holes up and water peed out for 5 minutes and it solved the sloshing problem. My doors always have a bit of water in them after a good rain or clean, when I open the door it drains out nicely.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
FISHBOY eBay Finds 0
MissMagpiev6 Interior and Audio 43
T Clio General Chat 19
Ian_R Clio General Chat 9
D Clio General Chat 11