High CO levels and over fuelling

My car seems to be over fuelling and when the garage checked the emissions the CO level was through the roof! It kangaroos when cold but don't they all and drives fine when your foots down. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Well you would need do do something before the CAT's are destroyed. You need to say what's not standard on the exhaust and intake side if the CATS are still there and what if any work has been done lately even if the battery has failed. Second could the garage not say or do you have any way of seeing what your Lambda sensors are reading I cant see the car over fueling without an emissions warning what did you do about the Acoustic valve. I have seen after a flat battery or sudden battery death the lambdas getting stuck at a fixed reading or if something has fail the car has went to a rich setting to save the engine.

Battery is fine. Cat was removed for a while but it's back on there now. The acoustic valve has been removed. Engine wise the car is standard except a panel filter. The thermostat was shagged but I've recently replaced it. No engine management light though.