HID with no washer jets

I've just had the 197 MOT'd, passed!

One of the advisories stated that my HID had no washer jets fitted. After chatting to the mechanic, I was told that as of next year my HID's will be illegal without washer jets.

Anyone heard this before?

I've just had the 197 MOT'd, passed!

One of the advisories stated that my HID had no washer jets fitted. After chatting to the mechanic, I was told that as of next year my HID's will be illegal without washer jets.

Anyone heard this before?

Yes I have heard this, I was also under the impression that all cars with factory fitted hids came with headlight washers meaning your projectors are aftermarket.

I could be wrong on that one, someone will confirm

Its already the case over here. Some cars like older Accord Type Rs came with HID lights from the factory but no washers. Some ingenious solutions though it to get past that one.

Thats diappointing cos thats a mod I was considering.

Are they hard to change so they can pass next year?

they will back track once they see how many issues its going to cause.

May be possible to fit ones off a 1X2 and just wire them up to the screen wash?

You could probably spend £20 on a washer pump and a couple of jets and just plumb something in temporarily on a push switch for the MOT.

I'm sure they'll be a way round it.

Can't see why fitting a set from 1*2 wouldn't work. Having never had a car with lamp washers before, is it normal ops for the screen and lamp washers to work from same switch?

Don't they need to be self levelling too! I was kindly informed of this by a traffic officer in a bad mood

Hi
my r34 skyline comes from factory with hid low beam but with no washers and only manual level and it passed no problem , they can't make you fit it to older factory fit hids can they

Can't see why fitting a set from 1*2 wouldn't work. Having never had a car with lamp washers before, is it normal ops for the screen and lamp washers to work from same switch?

yes which is why i suggest wiring them up to them?

Don't they need to be self levelling too! I was kindly informed of this by a traffic officer in a bad mood

WRONG! mot tester has to have them shown working unless they are not present then he can't test them or so i was told by the mot bloke.

if in doubt he simply does an advisory on the mot.

Nothing to say that it won't change tho.

I think he means to have hids on a car whether from factory or standard, self leveling has to be present