Hi from Oz

Fitted a subtle lip to the rear spoiler...
~
IMG_2874_zpstm14kg7j.jpg
[/URL][/IMG

~
IMG_2861_zpsc1trbfmj.jpg
[/URL][/IMG

~
IMG_2859_zpssyau4caf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG

Fitted the KTR intake, initial impressions are hard to notice any real performance gain. This may improve with a new tune.
Not something i'd recommend fitting to a street driven car but for an all out competition car its not bad.
Oh & it does sound pretty cool. Even with an Akrapovic exhaust, toysport manifold, no cats or resonators its still quite loud.

IMG_2916_zps2ncnyuhu.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2915_zps3wtezocd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Car is on full 'Rally Registration' now, hence the ugly new #plates, which allows it to be legally road driven between rally stages, to & from race events (I trailer it usually), to & from maintenance & promotional work.

IMG_2922_zpscmaryzid.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2927_zpsdsrjhkb4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

clio%205_zpsbyeuw84u.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Pics of air con delete installed.
Positives are improved air flow to radiator due to no air-con core, less power loss due to no compressor, cleaner engine bay & small weight loss.

IMG_2935_zpsjy8pbqdk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2934_zpstang5ylt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2933_zpswfbdyvzv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
A couple of small additions...

Shark fin cover for aerial as stereo is gone;

IMG_3038%20-%20Copy_zpsdv7x3vds.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Carbon fibre roof vent fitted in preparation for lexen window replacement;

IMG_3045%20-%20Copy_zpsw87gmrwn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

A few current pics of car ready for another season of tarmac rallies & track events...25 race events planned for this year, 3 down already & 22 to go...

IMG_3067_zpsvflexb3k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3039_zpsim1akkzb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3034_zpsvicictd9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3014_zpsykei835o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3018_zpsxvyzoluz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_3069_zpsp4tzgnix.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Holy Moly.. I'm so proud this is coming from the southern hempi side of the globe! Nice1. Were did that roof air scoop come from? Looks the biz.

[MENTION=4449]steve11[/MENTION] ... steve, i see you're still running the adjustable koni/h&r set up. are you still happy with them? do you remember how much the drop was, compared to the oem cup suspension? these could be an alternative to the bilstein B14's i was planning to get.

@steve11 ... steve, i see you're still running the adjustable koni/h&r set up. are you still happy with them? do you remember how much the drop was, compared to the oem cup suspension? these could be an alternative to the bilstein B14's i was planning to get.

The drop was about 30-40mm, Koni developed the adjustable dampers in conjuction with the H&R supersport springs so they are matched perfectly.
In all honesty I see no point in fitting coilovers to a Clio unless you go for something fully adjustable like AST's, Clubsports, Ohlins etc.
IMO adjustable ride height is of no benefit as once you set the car up 'correctly' you'll likely never adjust them again, however damper adjustability is a must. Keep in mind your not getting a coilover on the rear either.

I have the Compbrake adjustable strut tops, the H&R springs are progressive rate & the Konis' adjust from comfort to rock hard. The only possible advantage I can see with a top quality coilover setup over my setup is a very slight weight saving by the use of a smaller diameter coil, although this is pretty much negated if the coilover uses 'helper' springs.

Last edited:
Holy Moly.. I'm so proud this is coming from the southern hempi side of the globe! Nice1. Were did that roof air scoop come from? Looks the biz.

Thanks mate.
Its from a Pug 206 WRC car & I'm planning on using an Espace interior roof vent in the hoodlining.

Last edited:
The drop was about 30-40mm, Koni developed the adjustable dampers in conjuction with the H&R supersport springs so they are matched perfectly.
In all honesty I see no point in fitting coilovers to a Clio unless you go for something fully adjustable like AST's, Clubsports, Ohlins etc.
IMO adjustable ride height is of no benefit as once you set the car up 'correctly' you'll likely never adjust them again, however damper adjustability is a must. Keep in mind your not getting a coilover on the rear either.

I have the Compbrake adjustable strut tops, the H&R springs are progressive rate & the Konis' adjust from comfort to rock hard. The only possible advantage I can see with a top quality coilover setup over my setup is a very slight weight saving by the use of a smaller diameter coil, although this is pretty much negated if the coilover uses 'helper' springs.

thanks for the quick reply, mate.

compbrake top mounts ... these ones ? http://www.compbrake.com/product/renault-3-adjustable-suspension-top-mount-pair/
like you said, i don't see myself adjusting ride height with coilies often (if ever). these koni's being adjustable is a mega bonus. and with you using them for two (racing) seasons, quality seems to be good.

how did you find the powerflew (camber/castor) bushes?

thanks for the quick reply, mate.

compbrake top mounts ... these ones ? http://www.compbrake.com/product/renault-3-adjustable-suspension-top-mount-pair/
like you said, i don't see myself adjusting ride height with coilies often (if ever). these koni's being adjustable is a mega bonus. and with you using them for two (racing) seasons, quality seems to be good.

how did you find the powerflew (camber/castor) bushes?

Yes they're the top mounts, heres a pic of mine.

IMG_3058%202_zpskwrs48vp.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The Powerflex bushes are a worthwhile investment too.

Last edited: