Hi from Oz

Do love the look of your car from the boot into the car, looks great.

Whats the #10?

Thanks.
Magnetic race numbers. #10 has been my registered race number for the past 3 years.
The other items in the net are the warning triangle, emergency seatbelt cutter/glass tool & first aid kit (all mandatory for entry into various events).

Last edited:
After the good results from the LED mini light bar, decided to fit some decent headlight globes today. Big improvement over standard.
h7_zpsffjzmrtq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Are these whiter than stock at all?
Much more so. As white as you will get without getting into the 'blue' spectrum. So impressed with them i got a set for the missus' Honda too. Previously fitted HID kits into both my TypeR & JCW but these are as good & simple to fit without the need to fit ballast boxes etc.

Last edited:
Much more so. As white as you will get without getting into the 'blue' spectrum. So impressed with them i got a set for the missus' Honda too. Previously fitted HID kits into both my TypeR & JCW but these are as good & simple to fit without the need to fit ballast boxes etc.

They sound pretty good! To look at, do you know if these are as white as the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited's that lots of people run? Just trying to get something a bit whiter to match LED side lights but also want a brighter globe that doesn't look 'boy racer' HID in reflector look. Cheers

Couple of small cosmetic mods...

Moved the RS boot badge from right to left.
IMG_2578_zpsjh2vrxo9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

& fitted trophy decals
IMG_2584%20-%20Copy_zpsfrjyu52f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2582_zpshnucv5xv.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Hey Steve,

did you notice any changes with the K&N filter?
Did it help out the flat spot at all?

Thanks

No, the K&N cotton elements do flow better than the oem paper filter but you wont notice any difference.
The other benefit is they don't need replacing just cleaning.

Hey buddy, did you use the powerflex bushes? If so which ones would you recommend getting first ?
Theres so many that I don't know where to start haha
cheers

Hey buddy, did you use the powerflex bushes? If so which ones would you recommend getting first ?
Theres so many that I don't know where to start haha
cheers

Depends what your doing with the car.

For me the adjustable camber bushes & adjustable castor bushes were a must have (they are a pita to fit though).

I also have their top torque link mount which is a definite improvement (Didn't fit the other mounts as I already have the vibra-technics ones).

Nothing extreme, just daily/ monthly track duties.
Id love to put the camber & castor bushes in but there a little pricey, so would you say a lower vibra tech link arm & upper powerflex link arm insert is good place to start ??
thanks for your help

Nothing extreme, just daily/ monthly track duties.
Id love to put the camber & castor bushes in but there a little pricey, so would you say a lower vibra tech link arm & upper powerflex link arm insert is good place to start ??
thanks for your help

Sure but be prepared for a little more NVH.
For the record generally speaking the majority of cost is in fitting the parts not the parts themselves.

New timing belt kit, aux belt kit & spark plugs to be fitted along with Raptors crank pulley.

large_100352-2-2013412162854.jpg_zpsopzay9yy.png
[/URL][/IMG]

large_105114-1-2014228153825.jpg_zpslwny9akx.png
[/URL][/IMG]

2014-11-05074745_zpsxvle2io2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Had the belts, plugs, pulleys done today (thanks Julian).
Interestingly the oem crank pulley was starting to separate at the elastomer so it was lucky that I had Raptors lightened version to replace it with.

My thoughts re the pulley are that it is no replacement for the Sprintbooster as it obviously doesn't change the dbw throttle pedal response, however once you are into the powerband (3000rpm+) the engine spins up quicker & feels more responsive, so definitely a worthwhile mod imo.
I didn't notice any more nvh with the pulley fitted either but my car has all the vibratech & powerflex mounts fitted so is fairly harsh already.

Im just glad I caught the oem pulley before it came apart.
Oh & my belt doesn't squeal at all.

Last edited:
Any thoughts as to why the pulley would be coming apart? Seems quite early. Harsher life due to competitive driving?