Hi from Oz

Just to follow up I confirmed that the vibration is definitely the scuttle tray cover itself. Used some electrical tape to try and firm up the clip seating and around the edges. Seems to have improved if not got rid of the noise altogether. I've got pretty much all the same little noises as you Steve, I've got pretty much all the same kit as you. The scuttle one though was particularly bad. Anyway I'll leave your thread alone now. Thanks for having a listen/look. :smile:
Cheers.

Bit of an unusual mod today...
With the new twilight rally events I struggle with night vision.
So rather than fit a light pod I decided on a mini LED light bar.
Its only about 6" wide & only weighs 2kg but the amount of light it throws is amazing.

IMG_2514_zpsskbx6mxx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

th960DMTBI_zpsmg4n8zsq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2575_zpsqzshofp7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Nice one Steve.

Where did you get your lightened flywheel from?

I havn't done the diff yet so havn't bothered to chase up a clutch kit, but you can buy lightened flywheels from ktec etc or simply get any good machining shop to lighten & balance an oem flywheel to your spec.

I think you already fitted the lightened pulley too from memory ?.
Just a small word of warning to keep in mind...
Lightening rotating mass is all well & good up to a point but if you go too far you can run the risk of losing significant engine braking which is fine on a race car but undesirable on a road car (rotary engines suffer from this due to the lack of inertia hence why they also rev so freely).

Last edited:
I havn't done the diff yet so havn't bothered to chase up a clutch kit, but you can buy lightened flywheels from ktec etc or simply get any good machining shop to lighten & balance an oem flywheel to your spec.

I think you already fitted the lightened pulley too from memory ?.
Just a small word of warning to keep in mind...
Lightening rotating mass is all well & good up to a point but if you go too far you can run the risk of losing significant engine braking which is fine on a race car but undesirable on a road car (rotary engines suffer from this due to the lack of inertia hence why they also rev so freely).

Thanks Steve.
You're right, I do have the lightened pulley. I don't really see much of a downside with a potential loss in the car's engine braking, there is a middle pedal.

After 3 busy seasons of trackwork & plenty of road miles the oem rotors are finally spent, & whilst the current EBC pads still have plenty of life in them, new discs means new pads.
Thus latest upgrade...

Mtec Slotted & dimpled rotors with new Redstuff pads & wheel bearings.

IMG_2518_zpsfamaky88.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Fitted the new rotors & pads today.
Winding rear pistons in is a bitch but an easy job apart from that.
Car stops waaaay better now.

IMG_2560_zpscjtb8gl9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_2559_zpsntco4kzh.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You must be the only track driver not to run the Ferodo DS2500, which everyone seems to use.

What made you choose the Redstuff?

Been using ebc pads on my track cars for over 10 years & i trust them. Being that my car is also road driven i need a pad that works from first bite when cold. The ceramic compound also throw very little dust. Im well aware of the ferodo pads (sold them for years) but im happy with ebc.

Good to hear, everyone seems to talk about the Ferodo and nothing else but they are way outside what I can afford.

Good to hear positive things about a cheaper product for a change!

Can you buy the EBC here in Aus easily enough?