Help!!

I was a numpty and took my car to get washed by some polish guys in essex way and they have put a fairly big scratch if i run my nail over it you can feel it has gone into the paint :worried: Im guessing there is nothing i can do to actually remove the scratch completely other than getting it machine polished out? I am aware i could polish it with some sort of filler but i want it completely removed if possible.

Such a shame as it didnt really have any scratches on it

any help is greatly appreciated

sorry to hear that..lesson learnt..always do it urself..at least u can blame urself for any damage...
not a massive expert but if its that bad,take it to a paintshop..will, unfortunately spend a few quid on it....unless u r quite skilled with sand paper,fillers and other polishes to remove it urself..good luck

sorry to hear that..lesson learnt..always do it urself..at least u can blame urself for any damage...
not a massive expert but if its that bad,take it to a paintshop..will, unfortunately spend a few quid on it....unless u r quite skilled with sand paper,fillers and other polishes to remove it urself..good luck

Yeah, never get those car park guys to wash your car. Imagine how many cars they wash with the same bucket of old water.

A friend of mine had her mx5 washed in one of these places - scratches on every panel! Was only 2 years old at the time too.

I think the safest bet as a trip to a paint shop. When my MINI was scratched, cost me £180 to remove a deep scratch with a respray

I used one of these washes after i machined the swirls out, by the time they finished i had more swirls than ever, havent used one since. If your nail hitches on the scratch the likely hood is it wont polish out, always worth a try tho.

I am most probably going to get it professionally detailed at kds keltec in gillingham as its the only way i can see it getting sorted properly lol

If as stated you can feel it with your nail then even Kelly at KDS is going to have to put paint onto the panel. Yes you may make it look a lot less obvious but in certain lights you'll still see it. KDS are one of the best in the business so if anybody can sort it they can however it won't be cheap.

I am going to go and get a quote from them as soon as my car has got out of the garage worst case scenario i will have to get it resprayed i guess but will see what kds say