help removing driveshafts please!

Sean197

RIP Albi :( Hello Red 200 :)
Right, I'm stripping the hubs to remove the shafts and am currently at this point:

rw1aONM.jpg

How the hell do you get the bottom ball joint off on the outer hub? Or is there an easier way to remove the hub?

@A1axx @tombate911 @Foxspeed

Cheers

Ideally need a balljoint splitter to get it apart, the clamp around style.. once split, have tre dropped out and you should be able to turn outer hub and pull shaft out through. That's how I do them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sean197
Put a nut on the threads so its level with the end of the stud, hold a block of wood up against it, and clout the fucker! Ball joint spliters are great for fucking up the rubber boots.

A decent bit of wood btw/block of ally/thick piece of nylon, if you don't have a copper hammer.

If you can't get that seperated the other way to do it is to remove the rad support then undo the front and rear bolts for the wishbones and just leave the wishbone attached to the hub.

Cheers, got the bottom one out eventually - just needed a bigger hammer :wink:
I'll then undo the top mounts and pull the whole lot off together. Driveshafts are out, just need to get the struts out of the hubs now.

Put a nut on the threads so its level with the end of the stud, hold a block of wood up against it, and clout the fucker! Ball joint spliters are great for fucking up the rubber boots.

A decent bit of wood btw/block of ally/thick piece of nylon, if you don't have a copper hammer.

f3bca1045fea85dd8311516a856fe690.jpg

I use this type, doesn't touch the boots :wink:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk