Help Removing Battery Housing

Jamz72

Paid Member
So I'm currently in the middle of trying to remove the battery housing in order to reach the clutch bleed nipple and also the gearbox linkages.. but I'm stuck!

I would appreciate some step by step advice on how to progress (see pics below for where I have got to).

It seems that the sides of the housing unclip and lift up.. but the fuses etc are all still wired in so I can't really lift the whole thing up. That would still leave me with the bottom of the housing to try to get out too.

Any advice on how to get the sides up (do I need to disconnect all the fuses?!) and how to get the base up afterwards?

Cheers.

006F98B0-8CCD-46EB-BC74-40D8212DC5E6-612-000000DED6217817_zps65bfec8c.jpg

F22AA2BA-DF97-4E95-AF67-4E866ED8BC42-612-000000DEDC0CBE74_zps1ae107cb.jpg

3356C821-E6D3-4F4D-8C34-D14AAEFB2C0B-612-000000DEE6F7A914_zps3440e927.jpg

Last edited:
The fuse boxes unclip front one has to clips then it slides up the side one has one in the centre then it lifts up then the big outer has a couple on the sides it will be tight coming out as there isn't much spare room

The fuse boxes unclip front one has to clips then it slides up the side one has one in the centre then it lifts up then the big outer has a couple on the sides it will be tight coming out as there isn't much spare room

Cheers for the description and the link. I have put it all back together now because I was getting annoyed and didn't want to start pulling / forcing stuff :tongueout: I'm going to re-attempt it during the week though and want to make sure I know what I need to be doing...

The bit in the centre of the pic below is the fuse box on the front of the housing, as you can see from both pics below I managed to slide it up and pull it forward in front of the housing - it was very tight though as there are wires etc holding it down so I only just managed to squeeze it free. Is this what I'm meant to be aiming to do - slide it up and forward so it can allow the housing to slide up? I must admit, when I had it all apart it still didn't seem as though the housing could be removed even with the front fuse box up and out the way :s

What about the fuses to the left? The k-tec fitting guide says to 'remove the fuse holder' is this necessary?

Then once I've removed the housing does the base just have the two screws detailed on the k-tec guide to remove?

4245CFB1-9946-4DB9-B38F-93B951EB5403-715-000000F7E7DDB4E4_zps2b42e04a.jpg

A7B48C92-BDD8-4590-A1A1-5A867F647470-715-000000F7F42243D8_zps4eeabed9.jpg

Yes, the fuse box on the side comes up and you rest it to the side, out of the way as much as possible. Same with the front one (there is next to no room). The tray then splits in half and you have to squeeze it out. I've never removed the base, but I think you are right.

Last edited:
Ah cheers mate! I'll have to give it another go knowing that it will actually come out past the front fuse box. And that I need to remove the side one.

Ah cheers mate! I'll have to give it another go knowing that it will actually come out past the front fuse box. And that I need to remove the side one.

No problem. Now you say it, I think the front one comes up only enough to unclip it. You then have to try and keep it out of the way while you wriggle out the tray. An extra pair of hands helps.

Pig of a job this I've just put mine all back to standard a few weeks back!like pully said they pop out just enough and dead right with a extra pair of hands helps!!