Help needed!

Now then peoples!

I am looking at getting a new car as i have fallen out of love with the clio, looking to spend 7 grand ish! Preferrably a trade sale so that i can part ex the clio. I am lacking inspiration so thought i'd pick your brains!

Open to all ideas...just not french ones haha!

James

7k plus your car or including?

What sort of car do you want? Similar size/performance to the Clio? Larger more comfy car, more performance? All of these can drastically change the suggestions!

7k including, would like some performance too! Similar size or bigger but definatly not smaller!

7k including, would like some performance too! Similar size or bigger but definatly not smaller!

Fiesta ST (ok, not in the Clio league performance wise, but better built!)
Focus ST
Civic Type-R
Integra Type-R
VW Golf MKV GTI
VW Golf MKIV R32
Megane 225 (I know you said no French, but worth a look)
Alfa 147 GTA (love these!)
Mazda 3 MPS
Mazda 6 MPS

The list is endless!

I have been leaning towards a Civic Type-r mainly due to the aftermarket, but also looked at Focus ST's but may be too expensive to run....hmmmm

I have been leaning towards a Civic Type-r mainly due to the aftermarket, but also looked at Focus ST's but may be too expensive to run....hmmmm

Depends how heavy your right foot is I suppose. I'd imagine that it'll be capable of the same if not more MPG than your Clio if driven sensibly?

Cheaper to run a Focus ST than a Civic Type R

what about some Jap crap scooobie, Evo or German S3,M3,R32

i don't think you cant beat the French rockets try the 250 worth stretching the budget for.

:thumbsup:

I wouldn't say i have a hugely heavy right foot...i don't cane it to work and back every day...just like to have a blast every now and again

Cheaper to run a Focus ST than a Civic Type R

what about some Jap crap scooobie, Evo or German S3,M3,R32

i don't think you cant beat the French rockets try the 250 worth stretching the budget for.

:thumbsup:

Hows it cheaper? Not being argumentative by the way lol!

I would rather have the Focus ST man, purely because I love more torque...

The only thing I miss in the clio :worried:

Hows it cheaper? Not being argumentative by the way lol!

to get performance from the civic you need to rev the Ba@@locs off them i had a civic before the Clio and i struggle to see 25MPG.. now i don't like the ford i think its to common and a bit chavie (my opinion)but i think you will get better MPG cant say 100% as i haven't driven one but i drive a turbo now and i get better MPG out of the turbo than the NA Car :thumbsup:

Well i had a look around one today, seems a good bit of kit. I have only driven an mps as far as turbo's go and was only put off by the 500 quid tax

Well i had a look around one today, seems a good bit of kit. I have only driven an mps as far as turbo's go and was only put off by the 500 quid tax

Tax is mental on them but there a cool car Arran has one on here i mean don't get me wrong i loved the civics looks and i really like the interior on them its just it was no more powerful than my Clio in fact the Clio handles better and really all i wanted was another TURBO ... lol :thumbsup:

Thats also a point i'm seeing, its irritating having to drop a couple of cogs everytime i want to overtake anything