Help needed service light on dash.

Rob Knox

Paid Member
Bought the car with the spanner & service due light on the cars been into the garage they can't reset it.
The buttons on the end of the wiper stork don't do anything so I thought the wipers stork needed replacement
After replacing today it's still the same I have disconnected the battery hopping that would reset the ECU but still no different

Any ideas please.

Bought the car with the spanner & service due light on the cars been into the garage they can't reset it.
The buttons on the end of the wiper stork don't do anything so I thought the wipers stork needed replacement
After replacing today it's still the same I have disconnected the battery hopping that would reset the ECU but still no different

Any ideas please.
Did the service message start flashing when you held the button down on the wiper stalk?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Have you made sure the Key Card is in the car and in teh slot as you need this in for it to reset.

Despite the guide saying don't start the car, my R27 wouldn't reset, like yours buttons did nothing, until it was running.

I had a modus in the yard a flat battery stopped the reset happening with the controls and clip so disconnect the battery for a while then try again

if you dont do a "forced ignition on" it wont be fully active for that part of the reset...

...it is in the hand book under the central display system and how to reset mpg etc

I just looked at my last post the Modus had an oil service due but I went through the rest process with the clip and with the stem controls the car went through the motions but did not hold the reset. The car has a poor battery and keeps going flat so I found that when the battery dies out the car can throw up a lot of warnings and faults as the battery voltage dropped, so what I had to do was charge the battery disconnect it for a while reconnect it then do the reset and the car accepted it and held onto the change.