Help- information over load regarding black surround headlights???

I have searched this forum beleive me and im more confused than ever.

HID's
projectors
Xenon
??????????

I have standard lights and i want the black surround with the glass ball type headlight, can someone please tell me or even better just post links of where to get them and which ones with which bulbs? anyone here sell everything i need?

Thanking you in advance.

hids are aftermarker xenons, which require projector headlamps due to the lighting pattern the xenons/hids give out.

got no link but what you require are projectors with h1 dim beam.

Yeah ryan is right it gets confusing there are three sets of headlights for a 197 (making the assumption you have one from your name).

There is standard reflector ones. Which I am guessing you have which have H7 dipped and main.

Black surround Projectors which have H1 dipped, H7 main and H7 corner lights. These are the ones you will want and then H1 HID kit if you want xenons.

Finally there is the original xenon with DS2 dipped, H7 main and H7 cornering. I highly doubt it is possible to get these working due to the how much more voltage xenon's need.

Part numbers for the two you need are:

then an HID kit

Last edited:
Yeah ryan is right it gets confusing there are three sets of headlights for a 197 (making the assumption you have one from your name).

There is standard reflector ones. Which I am guessing you have which have H7 dipped and main.

Black surround Projectors which have H1 dipped, H7 main and H7 corner lights. These are the ones you will want and then H1 HID kit if you want xenons.

Finally there is the original xenon with DS2 dipped, H7 main and H7 cornering. I highly doubt it is possible to get these working due to the how much more voltage xenon's need.

Part numbers for the two you need are:

7701061076 or 89900138 (both the same)
7701061075 or 89900137 (both the same)

then an HID kit

Thank you getting closer- i read that full on xenons are not possible so want the next best thing will join and check the traders site too. thank you

Well Xenons are possible they are just technically illegal. Basically to legally have xenons you need to have a self level motor which has a sensor on the rear axle to compensate weight and also a washer jet on the headlight to wash off large obstructions. But no one will ever stop you if you have them set up right for it and an MOT station can not fail you at the moment for it because they can only fail you for something not working properly not for something not being there.(Like a spare, they cant fail you for not having one but they can for one being flat) Some places can get ****ty about it but since they can not take anything off the car you can just unplug your HID kit put a standard bulb in place and swap back after.

So if you buy the part codes above (I edited them put the ones that work with the rear axle motor) and just put a good quality H1 bulb in the projector you will get a nice legal light.

If however you want the pure white of xenons I woould put your car near a wall, turn the dipped beam on, mark where the top of the light shines at. Replace your lights with projectors wire up your xenon kit. Turn them on then using a screw driver you can adjust the level of the head lights (quite clear to see when you are changing this all over) and position the pattern below your mark. Test it on the road to see if its okay (not too high that you blind people and not too low that you cant see) make small adjustments until you are happy.

Well Xenons are possible they are just technically illegal. Basically to legally have xenons you need to have a self level motor which has a sensor on the rear axle to compensate weight and also a washer jet on the headlight to wash off large obstructions. But no one will ever stop you if you have them set up right for it and an MOT station can not fail you at the moment for it because they can only fail you for something not working properly not for something not being there.(Like a spare, they cant fail you for not having one but they can for one being flat) Some places can get ****ty about it but since they can not take anything off the car you can just unplug your HID kit put a standard bulb in place and swap back after.

So if you buy the part codes above (I edited them put the ones that work with the rear axle motor) and just put a good quality H1 bulb in the projector you will get a nice legal light.

If however you want the pure white of xenons I woould put your car near a wall, turn the dipped beam on, mark where the top of the light shines at. Replace your lights with projectors wire up your xenon kit. Turn them on then using a screw driver you can adjust the level of the head lights (quite clear to see when you are changing this all over) and position the pattern below your mark. Test it on the road to see if its okay (not too high that you blind people and not too low that you cant see) make small adjustments until you are happy.

Thank you mate- wish i had the time and or the effort to do this.
i much rateher have the black projectors with the H1 bulb not desperate for that white look.

are there any links to someone whom sells them, or how they look like? just too many options out there.

To be honest you can get copys made by depo on ebay for £69 each.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350818709333?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390635331578?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

If you want genuine parts then the cheapest is on here which are new at £135 each.

You need to take your bumper off so I personally would put HID's in because all the hard works already done.

rather have genuine if anyone on here sells them? also want to but the HID kit and everything which goes with it, im not very technical and would like everything i need before trying to tackle it. i may keep an eye out for the used section and see if anyone sells.

They do not come up on here very often because no one goes backwards I guess. few 200 kits have come up but never seen a 197 kit.

No its 2 people you need to buy from there is a trader on here called Steve who will sell you the two lights for £270 then a xenon H1 kit can be bought on here or ebay