Help identifying stereo connection.

sibo

Paid Member
Hey.

I've bought a new Alpine stereo and thought I'd got the correct Connects2 lead, but it seems wrong. The ISO bits connect fine and the stereo works, but the 3rd plug isn't correct for hooking up the steering wheel controls.

I've bought this stalk adaptor. The yellow block is completely the wrong shape.
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ctsrn005-2-can-bus-steering-control-adaptor

This photo shows what I have in the car. On the left are the two ISO fixings, they're fine. Can anyone ID what I have on the right? This seems to be the section for the display and steering wheel controls.

Attachments

• IMG_6702.JPG
    IMG_6702.JPG
    470.7 KB · Views: 58
Hey.

I've bought a new Alpine stereo and thought I'd got the correct Connects2 lead, but it seems wrong. The ISO bits connect fine and the stereo works, but the 3rd plug isn't correct for hooking up the steering wheel controls.

I've bought this stalk adaptor. The yellow block is completely the wrong shape.
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/ctsrn005-2-can-bus-steering-control-adaptor

This photo shows what I have in the car. On the left are the two ISO fixings, they're fine. Can anyone ID what I have on the right? This seems to be the section for the display and steering wheel controls.
Did you ever get this working? I have a 59 clio 200 and bought the CTSRN007.2 adapter and this didnt work even though all 3 connectors fitted. My car has the same connectors as your picture.

@sibo

Hi,

I sold the CTSRN005.2 and looking at my purchase history I bought a CTSRN007.2

Alongside an aerial adaptor, that's worked well.

Which stereo?

Hi,

I sold the CTSRN005.2 and looking at my purchase history I bought a CTSRN007.2

Alongside an aerial adaptor, that's worked well.

Which stereo?
Ive got an alpine cde 178BT. Is yours a 59 plate clio 200 by any chance?
With the CTSRN007.2 it just will not even power the stereo. (the reds and yellows are connected)
1486996049525-1032841959.jpg

I've got a UTE model, very similar but without CD player. 2009 Clio 200, yep.

Fittings/connectors look the same, from whatI remember!

I'm not sure mine powers up unless the car's running - worth checking that?

@Optical I contacted Car Audio Direct for advice to make sure I would be buying the correct lead, and they got back to me asking for a pic of the connectors as they said there were a few variations on the Clios. As you have a pic, might be worth firing them an email.

Reactions: VolumeX
Its a fucking nightmare this headunit business. Im chatting to Connects 2 themselves.

Formatting is messed up from the copy paste but will keep you guys posted.
------------------------------------------------------
I have a 59 plate clio 200. I wanted to put my Alpine CDE178BT stereo back in and utilise stalk control for volume and skipping tracks etc.

I bought CTSRN007.2 as well as the Alpine patch lead. I went out today in the freezing drizzle to take out the old kenwood headunit out and put the alpine in. I have done this a lot of times on 182's.

I got the connects 2 loom plugged in to the car loom, then plugged the connects 2 into the alpine.

turned the car on and usually the stereo would come on. Nothing ! tried pressing the power button. nothing

so decided to investigate.

I plugged the alpine headunit directly in to the cars iso loom. that worked.

I plugged the kenwood in to the connects 2 loom - nothing.

I plugged the connects2 loom into the car then the patch lead in to the alpine , turned the car on. turned it off. plugged in the connects2 to the alpine. Still nothing.

-----------------
Mon, Feb 13 2017 11:39am - Martin Davies
Hello Gus

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your steering control interface.

It is possible to send a photo of the wiring in your Clio as it is possible that the interface you have is not the correct one for your vehicle. Does your vehicle wiring has a little yellow plug?
Does your vehicle have a Dash display?

Best Regards

-------------
Mon, Feb 13 2017 7:01pm
Re___Number_262541__CTSRN007.2.zip (8.8 mb)
Hi,
I replied to the email I was sent - as above but somehow the case has been closed.
I have attached 3 pictures as requested.
Please can you have a look and let me know what you think.
I spent a few hours today trying all combinations again and the head unit still wont turn on even. It does turn on if I dont use the connects2 loom.
Any help massively appreciated.
Cheers
Gus

--------------
Tue, Feb 14 2017 9:53am - Martin Davies
Hello Gus

Does your vehicle have a Dash display?

Best Regards

----------------------
Tue, Feb 14 2017 12:39pm
Hi ,

Yes my car has a dash display - its just the standard LCD seven segment one that would display the time and radio station. I am not fussed about keeping this working with the connects 2 lead. In previous cars this ended up saying Renault once the connects2 was plugged in.

What I think is important is that the headunit doesnt power on when the connects 2 loom is plugged in. The headunit works fine though without the connects2 . Im wondering if the pinout is wrong on my connects2 lead.

Kind regards

Gus

----------------

Tue, Feb 14 2017 12:58pm - Martin Davies
Hello Gus

Do you have the original Renault radio in this Clio?

As the CTSRN007.2 is a CAN-BUS interface and requires to generate the ignition feed from the CAN-BUS signal. If you could power the radio on your vehicle without the interface this would indicate that there is an ignition feed on your vehicle harness. As your vehicle is on the Cross-over of 2 systems then it is possible that the system in your vehicle may be a platform that we have not seen before.
Would you know if the originla radio system was a standard system or a Navigation system?

Best Regards

--------------------
Tue, Feb 14 2017 9:03pm
connects2007youtubestill.JPG (79.5 kb) origninalradio.jpg (0.5 mb)
Hi ....

Firstly in answer to your questions...
-Yes I can power the alpine stereo on without the connect2 harness.
- The original radio is a standard pauper spec radio, no sat nav here. I have attached a picture of it.

I dont have the original radio as the car came with a kenwood one. I contacted the previous owner and he is 100% the one that was on the car is the one in the attachment.

I have been out in the dark and spent a bit more time checking everything.
I watched your video on the 007.2 page that is on youtube and the connectors are the same as on my car.

I am wondering if the lead I was sold is actually faulty. I have no way of testing it on anyone elses car really.

Would it be possible for me to send you my lead for testing. Not really sure what else to do.

Other thing I was wondering about was doing a whatsapp videocall with you so i can show you how its set up and what im doing and perhaps you can assist that way.

anyway, really appreciate you guys taking the time to help so far!
Kind regards
Gus

Sounds like a real nightmare connecting this all up..., I reckon I/m going to go with an iPad install and an streamer... this Head unit business is scary shit.

Sounds like a real nightmare connecting this all up..., I reckon I/m going to go with an iPad install and an streamer... this Head unit business is scary shit.
Hi,
Sorry - forgot to update this thread.
I got mine working . It was a 007.2 lead I needed in the end. I was unlucky and the first lead was faulty.
Dont hesitate to ask of you need help with stalk leads. Ive spent HOURS on this and even have pinouts and circuit diagrams etc now.
regards
Gus

Reactions: VolumeX
Thread resurrection but I’m trying to sort the same thing with my ‘11 200. I’ve also got a CDE-178BT. I’ve connected it up as I think the instructions say, but no power. Possibly faulty cable?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 34
Gus, do you know if you need a different lead for early 200's compared to the later ones? In other words the cable changes for 2010 200's, but 200's from 2009 use the same one as the 197?

Hey @Gus ,

I've also got a 2009 200 and have removed the broken original unit to replace.

I've got a similar reply from Connects2 RE the car being a 'crossover system' and it requiring CANBUS, and they said the 007.2 won't work.

So, before I go and pull the plug and order it all anyway, I just want to check yours all worked once you tried replacing with a different 007.2 lead?
Was it just plug and play, and did the steering wheel controls still work?

thanks!