Help identify this annoying rattle

Are you poly-bushed on your mounts?

Sounds an awful lot like the tweeter grill up in the corner the dash - they arent glued or anything and make a terrible buzzing noise once they become loose.

It is not it. I have lower engine mount and torque mount. Had them for 3 years and didn’t cause such a rattle. It sounds from steering, stalks or something like a loose nut. Tried to touch, finger and hug as much as I could, but the bloody thing still there!

If it is coming from directly behind the clocks it sounds like a washer on a loose bolt but the metal cap on the upper torque mount can be loose a cable tie through it can stop the rattle and you can feel it with your hand. Another can be the manual heater cables inside the dash on the top of the radio but yours is climate another one is the dash insert's left and right of the radio the metal clips can rattle pull the inserts out and go for a drive.
1654950686095.png

Reactions: Elviic
If it is coming from directly behind the clocks it sounds like a washer on a loose bolt but the metal cap on the upper torque mount can be loose a cable tie through it can stop the rattle and you can feel it with your hand. Another can be the manual heater cables inside the dash on the top of the radio but yours is climate another one is the dash insert's left and right of the radio the metal clips can rattle pull the inserts out and go for a drive.
View attachment 150722
Thanks. I will have a look. Hope it’s simple and not a washer in the middle of steering rack or something like that. Wouldn’t know where to start lol

FIXED - The culprit was like a little bolt cover (or whatever you call it) at the end of steering column, behind the pedals. It goes over a nut and was loose.

Attachments

• A817BD61-2BF9-47BE-9F30-983955389BD9.jpeg
    A817BD61-2BF9-47BE-9F30-983955389BD9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: Frank Perry