Help!! How do I remove this?!

Haha much easier to take the glove box out when faffing with the headunit. It gives you access to the back of it to pull and wiggle the wires out of the way :smile:

Glovebox is really easy to remove too, 5min job to remove and 5min to refit at the most.

Haha much easier to take the glove box out when faffing with the headunit. It gives you access to the back of it to pull and wiggle the wires out of the way :smile:

Glovebox is really easy to remove too, 5min job to remove and 5min to refit at the most.

Now you tell me!!! Hahaha!! Now...how does one do that?!

What were you upto exactly ??

Attempting (and failing :rofl: ) to replace the headunit! In the end I admitted defeat. I did eventually get the original one back in place...only it now won't switch on again so no idea what the blooming heck I've done. [emoji1304]

Last edited:
Sometimes an admission of failure is sweeter than any success.

Actually; im not sure thats a saying :lol:

Sometimes an admission of failure is sweeter than any success.

Actually; im not sure thats a saying :lol:

If it isn't then it should be!

Oops, sounds like some wires gave up on life :blowup:

Yes, that's my slight concern! Reconnected the negative terminals and the car seemed to have turned the esp off all on its own. It then didn't seem to want to turn back on. A quick blast up the road seemed to fix the latter at least. :lol:

Get halfords to do it lol!!

I genuinely think that the next step will have to be taking it to a professional...:worried: I genuinely thought that I might have a managed this myself. Alas, I rather overestimated my skill set. I also had to phone the wife and tell her that I wasn't able to pick her up from work because I was sitting with the battery disconnected and stereo wires all over the place. If you don't hear from me again then she's ended me. :rofl:

Get halfords to do it lol!!
There's a great audio guy at my local halfords that I got to do mine, we both got a few cuts on our hands (him more so than me!) but it was well worth paying him to do it. He definitely earned his wages that day! I also took out the glovebox beforehand as that way you can get the steering wheel control adapter loom to fit easily.

How To here - although the pics have gone :worried: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?7451-Removing-glove-box-guide

It's basically just remove the 1 piece of dashboard trim, unscrew about 5 screws and the whole glovebox just slides out :smile: it sounds a bit complicated but it's one of the most straight forward things I've done :smile:
[MENTION=52455]CallorFold[/MENTION]...if you were here just now then I would kiss square in your face!! The glovebox removal allowed me to adjust the various wiring looms and the original stereo is back in action...and the wife only raised an eyebrow (at least to my face)! Handshakes and victory beers all round!

4AC1223B-719E-4892-8AFB-B427F9DB749A_zpszx55ujpn.jpg

Oh...and I took photos at various stages so will update the thread with the pictures that are missing! [emoji1303]