Help from anyone with experience in property/letting law

Hello all,

Moved out of a house 12 working days ago. We finally have received the inventory report however no deduction amounts. Now both the TDS and our tenancy agreement says all deductions must be presented to the tenant within 10 working days. Obviously they have not met this, and possibly want to charge us for cleaning and paint work. However there is very bad damp so all the ground floor flat will need repainting. So work will need to be carried out and cleaned after the work.

Am I within my rights to get the full deposit back or even though they have signed a legally binding contract are they still within their rights to take deductions?

Not 100% on the law but had tge exact same situation last year. We moved out because of the damp, landlord made up a load of fictitious damage that needed fixing, we stood our ground and took the case up with the rent deposit scheme people who were very good and very quick. We got our deposit back minus £40 because he said we had took the lightbulbs and he needed to replace them, we hadn't they were all there but for £40 I couldn't be bothered. any person who has to repair damp should not be billing you for paint as it needs painting after the work anyway. Did you take pictures when you left?