HELP - Are these safe to use?

I doubt those rims will be cheap to fix either, that's if they can be fixed which by looking at the pictures of doubt. Hope you get this sorted quickly.

Last edited:
Shouldn't they of been supplied with new wheel nuts also? I don't think standard nuts can be used with after market wheels as the taper is different? Maybe wrong

one pair of scrap wheels..... :jumpon:

I'd say so, by the time you've had them repaired and then corrected the centre bore you'd be better off buying two new ones.

If you'd have found problem before fitting i'd have had the centres of wheels machined out.

I'd say so, by the time you've had them repaired and then corrected the centre bore you'd be better off buying two new ones.

If you'd have found problem before fitting i'd have had the centres of wheels machined out.

the cracks go in to the bolt holes....and round the centre - its a wheel break-off waiting to happen :thumbdown:

Some alloys can have different tapered holes, but generally your ok using standard alloy nuts/bolts. Wouldn't say those wheels are repairable thought.

Oh, see loads of posts on forums about not using them is it just a myth?

if things weren't standardised mate the world would get daft,sorry dafter!

you've just got to make sure you've got the right wheels/wheel nuts/bolts for the job,i.e. right taper,radius,offset,thread,pcd,etc etc etc

Last edited:
those wheels are NOT AT ALL repairable, and whoever 'fitted' them - is a pure ****ing ****!!! he could have killed you mate

Just to confirm I have no intention of trying to repair these. I'm billing the guy for two new alloys plus the cost of swapping my tyres back over tomorrow morning lol

Just reading through this Chris and I bet your gutted. I hope you get it sorted quickly. Hopefully a glossy diffuser with carbon trims that's coming your way this week will lift your mood :thumbsup:

Wow, this is a shocker. Nothing more to add than has been said, but have to agree, they could have killed you dude, best to avoid them in future.

Hope you get it sorted :smile: