help 197 wont start!!

title says it all parked my 197 up in the garage went to it in the morrning and now not starting cranks over but not fireing up :tongueout:anic: recoverd to my work checked the tdc sensor and swaped with knowen good sensor no luck only fault code was driver speed sensor p0500.removed pipe to fuel rail and cranked but no fuel but unshure if it would spill out with it disconnected.checked fuses and all look ok but not shure if fuel pump runs off a realy?please help in need of a renault tech.

the system/pump should prime the fuel rail when you first try to start it...

you can access the pump wiring under the rear seat - easy to check for a "live" feed when cranking/ignition on

Last edited:
Had a look today lifted the seat and checkd getting a 12v feed so its geting power tryed to power it manualy with a power probe and nothing.is this a common fault as the part is £220.

Had a look today lifted the seat and checkd getting a 12v feed so its geting power tryed to power it manualy with a power probe and nothing.is this a common fault as the part is £220.

been a few on here fail - do a search...

have you tried the tested "smack the tank hard" fix? to see if it starts working?

haha yeah had a look threw the search and saw a few have gone but didnt seem commoun to just go straight for it.yeah tryed the good old "wack the pump" test still nothing :worried: it didnet even work with a direct feed for another battery so i have orderd a new pump at the cost of 220.

just an update fixed the clio it was the fuel pump that failed on me :worried: sad times but got a new one now all working again.thanks for your help