Hellooo!

matthewson

Paid Member
Hey!

I'm looking at potentially getting a 197. I've always had a serious urge for a clio sport and now is the time.

I've owned 3 Mini's both supercharged and turbo'd.

Appreciate the clio won't be as swift in a straight line but should cut the mustard in the corners.

Has anyone made a similar transition? If so what are your thoughts?!

Thanks,
Matt

Welcome.

Parents have had a cooper s and now got a clubman s, not drove the clubman but the cooper s was fast in a straight line and nice for overtaking in a flash, but doesn't come close to the excitement of the clio in the corners at high revs.

Hey!

I'm looking at potentially getting a 197. I've always had a serious urge for a clio sport and now is the time.

I've owned 3 Mini's both supercharged and turbo'd.

Appreciate the clio won't be as swift in a straight line but should cut the mustard in the corners.

Has anyone made a similar transition? If so what are your thoughts?!

Thanks,
Matt

go on, get one, look after it and you will have a big smile (long term).

I came from a 500 plus hp evo 9 to an r27. Gotta be honest I don't really miss the evo all that much :smile: sure the build quality is dog but it's so much fun to drive and quick enough!

You will get a lot of very biased opinions on here of course, but then I'm guessing that's what you're after :wink:

The 197/200 is such a fantastic car - I love to mine to bits and can't recommend one enough. [MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION] sums up their strong point perfectly.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Clio General Chat 21
Alex88 New Members 23
D New Members 17
J New Members 17
newman90 New Members 9