Heavy rattle when going up the revs??

I just had a full service on my car and a couple of days after my car has adopted this annoying rattle from the engine bay when going up the revs even when parked and i sit and go up the revs but when the engine is idle I don't hear anything,anyone got any ideas what it could be before I head to the garage? Cheers

heat sheild on the starter could have moved, or one of the other heat sheilds mite be rattling on the exhaust, get her jacked up and have a look

Yeah I was thinking that mate but sounds more from the engine like a more harder rattle than a heat shield would make hmm

Yeah I was thinking that mate but sounds more from the engine like a more harder rattle than a heat shield would make hmm

is there plenty oil in it? if is more of a noise from the engine, i would not move the car untill u get to the bottom of the problem.

I think I may have solved it,I moved my top engine mount around since there's a rubber seal in there and it must of slipped cos it's seemed to have disappeared..for now,I'll need to get that changed ASAP though!

is there plenty oil in it? if is more of a noise from the engine, i would not move the car untill u get to the bottom of the problem.

Oil starvation has been known hasnt it! It may have been what helped cause my problem but i dont think we will ever know why mine went totally tbh.

i saved a girl in a corsa from buying a new engine last week, i was at a mates house and walking down the garden to leave, i herd this realy loud, what i would say "chapping" noise coming from this girls car as she drove past, she stopped down the street, so i walked down and asked her if it had been making this noise long? "Na just a few days but has gotten worse today"

so i asked when it was last serviced and when she had checked the oil last, "never serviced in the year of having it, and never checked the oil".

i told her i reconed it was dry of oil, her reply "is that bad for it" pulled the dip stick there was nothing, not ever a drip. she had oil in her shed, so i started to top it up, took 1 ltr just to get it on the bottom of the stick, took just under 3 ltrs to get it to full, and after putin in the first ltr i started it and the noise went after about 3 seconds, told her she was really luck, and it was caught just in time. lol women! not all but most!

i saved a girl in a corsa from buying a new engine last week, i was at a mates house and walking down the garden to leave, i herd this realy loud, what i would say "chapping" noise coming from this girls car as she drove past, she stopped down the street, so i walked down and asked her if it had been making this noise long? "Na just a few days but has gotten worse today"

so i asked when it was last serviced and when she had checked the oil last, "never serviced in the year of having it, and never checked the oil".

i told her i reconed it was dry of oil, her reply "is that bad for it" pulled the dip stick there was nothing, not ever a drip. she had oil in her shed, so i started to top it up, took 1 ltr just to get it on the bottom of the stick, took just under 3 ltrs to get it to full, and after putin in the first ltr i started it and the noise went after about 3 seconds, told her she was really luck, and it was caught just in time. lol women! not all but most!

reminds me of the "710" cap story :rofl:

710 story?:huh:

womans goes to dealers and asks for a "710" cap - they dont know what it is - ask her to show them - she points to the "oiL" cap (it has oiL wrote on the top but looks like 710 if its turned) :thumbup: