Headlights - New or Fixable?

Wozzer

Gold Member
Hi, Regarding the headlight units on my RS200 and the degradation of the polycarbonate (upper trailing edge), there is a 'crackle' look on the inside of the lens (see pictures) am I looking at new units or can the polycarbonate be replaced/fixed?

IMG_0886.jpeg

Get a pair of projectors they look much better or get a used pair of better ones from another Mk3 ph2 Clio in better shape. I did try and remove the lens from a damaged headlight and it was successful but you cant get replacement lenses and I was unsure how successful I would be sealing them up after a lens swap.
1632258437262.png

Thanks for the advice - I guessed I was looking at new units but wanted see if there were alternative solutions before committing to a purchase.

Unfortunately the lens plastic structure has degraded it's not obvious in the photo but you can see a fragmetention of light (looks splintered). The sanding and polishing would only sort out the rough exterior.

Get a pair of projectors they look much better or get a used pair of better ones from another Mk3 ph2 Clio in better shape. I did try and remove the lens from a damaged headlight and it was successful but you cant get replacement lenses and I was unsure how successful I would be sealing them up after a lens swap.
View attachment 147571
I looking to replace my standard units with projectors. Any recommendations re the best place to find them?

And/or allcarpartsfast.co.uk.

If anyone reading this had projectors fitted from new I would be interested in any pics of the engine bay wiring for the cornering function... Trying to confirm the front wiring loom part number.

When replacing the lights you should swap over the black support brackets that are fitted to the bottom of the units. 4 rivets to be drilled out and replaced with large dome head aluminium tri fold rivets. Also be careful not to break the plastic nut/uclips securing the headlights to the body. I snapped one when refitting.

Thanks,
Ben.