Headlight bulbs and HID's

coatesess

Paid Member
Ive just put a deposit down on a 197 f1 with the steer me home lights not the xenons but noticed there was 2 h7 bulbs in the headlights and then obviosuly the projector section. I know one of the h7's is the full beam but im wanting to fit HID's in the car so guessing this bulb would go in the projector bit. Is this a h1 bulb fitment?? and would this be fine to do??

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Matt

hi. yeah there is 3 bulbs all H7, outer ones are the turning bulbs, they just come on which ever way you turn, the middle is ur dipped lights (projector) and inner ones are your main beam.

hope that helps.

Someone else told me the middle ones are h1 bulbs and not h7, is this correct?? Just don't want to order the wrong kit :smile:

Matt

If you have the projector type headlight then the bulb for the main beam (Not sidelights, not full beam) are H1s. The rest of the bulbs are H7 (With the exception of the indicator bulbs).

The main beam is the one that looks like the "eye" in the headlight.

If you have the projector type headlight then the bulb for the main beam (Not sidelights, not full beam) are H1s. The rest of the bulbs are H7 (With the exception of the indicator bulbs).

The main beam is the one that looks like the "eye" in the headlight.

Yea its got the cornering headlights projector ones, thanks for your help :smile: now i know i need to get some h1's :smile:

Matt

Ive never known a 197 to have H7 in the projectors for main beam. Always H1. Renault parts are probably confused as it list H7 and H1 on the same picture as you have cornering lights as well.